Bank Tabungan Negara
|Traded as||IDX: BBTN|
|Industry||Finance and Banking|
|Headquarters||Menara Bank BTN |
|Pahala Mansury, President Director|
Chandra Hamzah, President Commissioner
|Revenue||Rp 17.138 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 2.61 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 214.168 trillion (2016)|
|Total equity||Rp 19.130 trillion (2016)|
Bank Tabungan Negara (literally State Savings Bank), officially known as PT Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero) Tbk., is a commercial bank based in Indonesia and regulated by Bank Indonesia, the nation's central bank.
Bank Tabungan Negara operates under the brand name Bank BTN and its headquarters are located in Jakarta, Indonesia. Its products include banks accounts (savings, current, and fixed deposit), loans (personal, business, and home loans) and Shariah-compliant banking services.
Bank Tabungan Negara was established in 1897 as a postal savings bank under the name Postspaarbank, with its headquarters located in Batavia. During the Japanese occupation of Indonesia, the bank was frozen and replaced with the Savings Office (Japanese: 貯金局, Hepburn: Chokin-kyoku, Nihon-shiki: Tyokin-kyoku) After the proclamation of Indonesian independence, the bank was taken over by the Indonesian government on 9 February 1950 under the Emergency Law No.9 and renamed "Bank Tabungan Pos" (Postal Savings Bank). In 1963 the bank's current name, Bank Tabungan Negara, was adopted. Bank BTN became the first bank to be appointed by the government to provide housing finance and mortgages to lower and middle income individuals.
The bank underwent a corporate restructure in 2003, which was followed by an initial public offering (IPO) in 2009 that led to the listing of Bank BTN on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. The IPO was ranked as Indonesia's largest IPO as of 2009.
Bank Tabungan Negara's operations are divided into six regions; Sumatera, Java, Bali & Nusa Tenggara, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and Papua & Maluku. As of December 2014, these regions gave the bank a total of 820 branches, 2,951 post office access points, and 1,830 ATMs, served by 8,582 employees.
The stock of Bank Tabungan Negara is listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, where it trades under the symbol BBTN. As of 31 December 2014[update], shareholding in the bank's stock was as indicated in the table below:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Government of the Republic of Indonesia||60.13|
|2||Public, via the Indonesia Stock Exchange||38.75|
|3||Employee stock ownership plan||1.12|
Due to being majority held by the Indonesian government, Bank Tabungan Negara is considered to be one of the four state owned banks in Indonesia.
Bank Tabungan Negara is governed by a six-person Board of Commissioners. As of September 2015[update], Chandra M. Hamzah became the President Commissioner, succeeding Mardiasmo. The President Director as of December 2015[update] is Maryono.[needs update]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bank Tabungan Negara.|
- "Google Translate – Bank Tabungan Negara". Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Profile: Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero) Tbk PT (BBTN.JK)". Reuters. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "PT Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero) Tbk. 2014 Annual Report" (PDF). Bank BTN. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "History of Bank BTN". Bank BTN. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "PT Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero) Tbk – Roadshow Presentation October 2012" (PDF). Bank BTN. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Harga Saham IPO BTN Rp800 Per Lembar". ANTARA News. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "CIMB Group – 2009 Annual Report" (PDF). CIMB Group. 31 December 2009. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "PT Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero) Tbk appoints new president commissioner". Reuters. 6 September 2015. Retrieved 13 December 2015.