Bank of Africa Uganda Limited
|Products||Loans, savings, investments, debit cards, credit cards, mortgages|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$431,950+ (UGX:1.2 billion) (2014)|
|Total assets||UGX:497.6 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
Bank of Africa Uganda Limited, also BOA Uganda, whose complete name is, is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by Bank of Uganda, the country's central bank and the national banking regulator.
BOA Uganda is involved in all aspects of commercial banking with emphasis on provision of banking services to multinational companies, mid-size local enterprises, and small retail businesses. As of December 2014[update], BOA Uganda was a medium-sized financial services provider in Uganda, with a total asset base valued at about UGX:497.6 billion. As of 31 December 2012, the shareholders' equity amounted to about US$22 million (UGX:55.6 billion).
Bank of Africa Group
The bank is a member of the Bank of Africa Group, a multinational, Pan African bank headquartered in Bamako, Mali, with presence in fourteen African countries. The group also maintains an office in Paris, France. As of December 2011[update], the group employed more than 4,500 people in about 340 offices, in 15 countries, servicing nearly 1.2 million bank accounts.
BOA (Uganda) started its operations in 1984 as Sembule Investment Bank. In 1996, Sembule Investment Bank was purchased by Banque Belgolaise and the Netherlands Development Finance Company. The new owners renamed the bank Allied Bank. In October 2006, Banque Belgolaise sold its shares to a group of investors that included the Bank of Africa (Kenya), Aureos East Africa Fund LLC, and Central Holdings (Uganda) Limited. The name of the bank was changed to Bank of Africa (Uganda) Limited.
The share ownership of BOA (Uganda), as of 31 December 2014, is summarized in the table below:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Bank of Africa Kenya Limited||52.72|
|2||Africa Financial Holdings - Indian Ocean of Mauritius||23.70|
|3||Netherlands Development Finance Company - FMO||15.01|
|4||Central Holdings Uganda Limited||8.57|
- Bank of Africa Uganda: Annual Report 2014
John Caruthers is the chairman of the bank. In December 2010, Edigold Monday was appointed managing director of the bank. She became the first indigenous woman to rise to the level of managing director of a commercial bank in the history of Uganda. In April 2014, Monday resigned. Arthur Isiko was appointed to replace her.
- Arua Branch - 19 Avenue Road, Arua
- Bbira Branch - Mityana Road, Bbira, Wakiso District
- Business Centre - 9 Kittante Road, Kampala
- Clive Road Branch - 18 Clive Road East, Jinja
- Entebbe Branch - 16 Kampala Road, Entebbe
- Equatoria Branch - 84-86 Ben Kiwanuka Street, Kampala
- Fort Portal Branch - 14 Bwamba Road, Fort Portal
- Gulu Branch - 11 Awere Road, Gulu
- Hoima Branch - 13 Wright Road, Hoima
- Jinja Main Branch - 1 Main Street, Jinja
- Kabalagala Branch - 559 Ggaba Road, Kabalagala, Kampala
- Kalongo Branch - 16 Patongo Road Kalongo
- Kampala Road Branch - 48 Kampala Road, Kampala
- Katwe Branch - Muganzirwazza Shopping Mall, Muteesa I Road, Katwe, Kampala
- Kawempe Branch - 125 Bombo Road, Kawempe, Kampala
- Kololo Branch - Kisementi, 9 Cooper Road, Kololo, Kampala
- Kampala Road Branch - 48 Kampala Road, Kampala
- Lira Branch - Town View Hotel, 1A Balla Road, Lira
- Luzira Branch - 1329-1330 Port Bell Road, Luzira, Kampala
- Main Branch - 45 Jinja Road, Kampala
- Masaka Branch - Masaka
- Mbale Branch - 26 Cathedral Avenue, Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - 1 Mbaguta Road, Mbarara
- Mukono Branch - 13 Kampala Road, Mukono
- Nakivubo Branch - Nabugabo Road, Kampala
- Nalukolongo Branch - Kobil Head Office, Wankulukuku Road, Nalukolongo, [lKampala
- Namasuba Branch - Freedom City Mall, 4010 Entebbe Road, Namasuba, Kampala
- Nansana Branch - 5390 Nansana Town Centre, Nansana
- Nateete Branch - 1-2 Old Masaka Road, Nateete, Kampala
- Ndeeba Branch - 1024 Masaka Road, Ndeeba
- Ntinda Branch - 7 Nakawa Road, Ntinda, Kampala
- Oasis Branch - Oasis Mall, 88-94 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala
- Patongo Branch - 33 Dollo Road, Patongo
- Rubirizi Branch - Bamugaya House, Kasese Road, Rubirizi
- Rwenzori House Branch - Rwenzori House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Nakasero, Kampala
- Taxi Park Branch - Mukwano Centre, 40-46 Ben Kiwanuka Street, Kampala
- Wandegeya Branch - KM Plaza, 18 Bombo Road, Wandegeya, Kampala
- List of banks in Uganda
- Banking in Uganda
- Bank of Africa Kenya Limited
- Bank of Africa Rwanda Limited
- Bank of Africa Ghana Limited
- Kulabako, Faridah (29 April 2015). "Uganda’s Banking Sector Back To Profitabilityb". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Audited December 2012 Annual Financial Report" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- "List of Countries With BOA Presence". Thebftonline.com. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Overview of Bank of Africa Group" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "Welcome". Belgolaise. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Bienvenue Sur Groupe Bank Of Afrika | Groupe Bank Of Afrika" (in French). Bank-of-africa.net. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Jacob Kholi; Managing Partner; Aureos West Africa. "Aureos Capital". Aureos.com. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Edigold Monday (31 December 2012). "Profile of Bank of Africa (Uganda)". Boauganda.com. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- BOA Group (31 December 2014). "Shareholding In BOA Uganda In December 2014" (PDF). BOA Group. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- Ssempijja, David (26 December 2010). "Uganda Gets Her First Local Woman Commercial Bank Managing Director". New Vision. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Ladu, Ismail Musa (15 April 2014). "Uganda's First Female Bank Managing Director Bows Out". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Kulabako, Faridah (28 April 2014). "Mobile Money Competition Stiffer As Bank Unveils Related Platform". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- BOAU (31 December 2014). "Branch Network of Bank of Africa Uganda". Boauganda.com (BOAU). Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Adengo, Jonathan (30 April 2015). "Bank of Africa Posts USh1.2 Billion Profit Up From USh6.7 Billion Loss In 2013". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 1 May 2015.