Bank of America Merrill Lynch
|Founded||January 1, 2009|
|Headquarters||Bank of America Tower|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Thomas K. Montag (COO)|
Brian T Moynihan (CEO)
|Parent||Bank of America|
|Website||Bank of America Merrill Lynch|
Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) is an American multinational investment bank division under the auspices of Bank of America. Not to be confused with Merrill Lynch, the wealth management division of Bank of America, both firms are broker-dealers and engage in prime brokerage.
It provides services in mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, lending, trading, risk management, research, and liquidity and payments management. It was formed through the combination of the corporate and investment banking activities of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch following the acquisition of the latter by the former in January 2009.
Bank of America completed the acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co on 1 January 2009. Bank of America began rebranding all of its corporate and investment banking activities under the Bank of America Merrill Lynch name in September 2009.
In April 2011, Bank of America Merrill Lynch integrated its corporate and investment banking operations into a single division.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is organized within four geographic divisions:
- Asia Pacific - Headquartered at Cheung Kong Center in Hong Kong
- Europe, Middle East & Africa - Headquartered at Bank of America Merrill Lynch Financial Centre in London
- Latin America and U.S. & Canada - Headquartered at Bank of America Tower, New York (also the global head office) The institution also maintains a large presence at the Bank of America Tower in Jacksonville
Bank of America Merrill Lynch achieved the second-highest revenues of any investment bank worldwide in 2010, with a global market share of 6.8 per cent. In that year it achieved the highest revenues of any investment bank worldwide in both leveraged loans and asset-backed securities.
- "Bank of America completes Merrill Lynch purchase". Reuters. 1 January 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Bank of America Rebrands Offices in New York, London Towers". Bloomberg. 3 September 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "BofA combines investment bank divisions". Reuters. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "BofA Merrill Receives The Banker Magazine's Top Global Award". Bank of America Merrill Lynch. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "The Banker's Investment Banking Awards, 2013 – the winners". The Banker. 3 October 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Corporate and Institutional". Bank of America. Archived from the original on 29 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- Basch, Mark (December 28, 2017). "Florida's Banking Center". floridatrends.com. Florida Trends. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- "Bank of America Reports Fourth-Quarter Loss". Here Is The City News. 21 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "JPMorgan Chase Tops Dealogic's 2011 Investment Banks Ranking". Here Is The City News. 20 December 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2012.