Bank of Rajasthan
|Private company (BSE),|
Capital Markets and allied industries
|G. Padmanabhan (MD & CEO)|
|Products||Loans, Savings, Investment vehicles, etc.|
|Revenue||₹15,073.344 million (US$230 million) (year ended March 2009)|
|₹1,177.119 million (US$18 million) (March 2009)|
It was set up at Udaipur in 1943 with an initial capital of Rs.10.00 lacs. An eminent Industrialist Late Seth Shri Govind Ram Seksaria was the founder chairman and Late Shri Dwarka Prasad Gupta was the first General Manager. It was classified as the Scheduled Bank in 1948. The Bank also established a rural (Gramin) bank Mewar Anchlik Gramin Bank in Ahmedabad District in Gujarat on 26 January 1983.
Merger With ICICI Bank
RBI was critical of BOR's promoters not reducing their holdings in the company. BOR has been merged with ICICI Bank. ICICI paid Rs.30 billion for it. Each 118 shares of BOR will be converted into 25 shares of ICICI Bank. dated 12 Oct 1998
- The Bank Of Rajasthan Ltd.-Together We Prosper
- Bank of Rajasthan – Bank of Rajasthan India – Bank Of Rajasthan Ltd
- "BoR to be merged with ICICI". The Times of India. 18 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "Bank of Rajasthan to merge with ICICI". The Times of India. 23 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
- "ICICI-BoR merger deal valued at Rs 3041 crore". The Times of India. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-20.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|