Bank of Shanghai
The Bank of Shanghai building in the Jiading district of Shanghai
|Founded||30 January 1996|
|Services||Retail and corporate banking|
|Revenue||CN¥33.159 billion (2015)|
|CN¥15.918 billion (2015)|
|CN¥13.002 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||CN¥1.449 trillion (2015)|
|Total equity||CN¥92.834 billion (2015)|
|Capital ratio||10.32% (CET1)|
Footnotes / references|
in a consolidated basis; please see the report for their definition of revenue, operating income in Chinese accounting standards
|Bank of Shanghai Co., Ltd.|
|Literal meaning||Shanghai Bank Joint-Stock Limited Company|
|Bank of Shanghai|
Bank of Shanghai Co., Ltd. (BOSC) is an urban commercial bank based in Shanghai in China. The bank was ranked 108th among the banks around the world by The Banker in terms of their Tier 1 capital in 2015.
In September 1999 and December 2001, Bank of Shanghai received equity investments from International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC Hong Kong) and The Shanghai Commercial Bank of Hong Kong. The latter two were also based in Shanghai before the establishment of the People's Republic of China in 1949. However, the branches were nationalized after 1949 until they were re-established in mainland China during the Chinese economic reform.
On 11 December 2013, HSBC Hong Kong sold their 8.0% stake of the Bank of Shanghai to Spanish multinational banking group Banco Santander for an undisclosed fee (Santander announced that including the cooperation agreement, the total investment would be €470 million), which HSBC HK listed the stake as an available-for-sale asset with a fair value of HK$3.629 billion (approx. US$468 million) in the balance sheet at 30 September 2013. It was HSBC's successive disinvestment in the mainland China after selling Ping An Insurance in December 2012.
- As of 31 December 2015
- Major Shareholders
- Subsidiaries and wholly owned subsidiaries of Shanghai Municipal People's Government and district-level governments
- Shanghai Alliance Investment (15.08%)
- Shanghai International Port Group (7.20%)
- Shanghai Huixin (2.16%)
- Shanghai Huangpu District State-Owned Assets Corporation (2.20%)
- Companies under the supervision of the State Council (SASAC and the Ministry of Finance)
- Banco Santander (7.20%)
- TCL Corporation (3.73%)
- Shanghai Commercial Bank (3.00%)
According to the bank, 206 Chinese state-owned enterprises owned 56% stake of the share capital in total, as at 31 July 2015.
- "2015 Annual Report" (PDF) (in Chinese). Bank of Shanghai. 23 September 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "HSBC to sell minority stake in Bank of Shanghai" (PDF). HSBC Holdings. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Santander signs a cooperation agreement with Bank of Shanghai and buys an 8% stake". Banco Santander. 10 December 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- 沪深300、上证50和中证500等指数2017年第一次定期调整样本股 (Press release) (in Chinese). Shanghai Stock Exchange. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|