Bank of Yokohama
|Kabushiki Kaisha Yokohama Ginkō|
|Traded as||TYO: 8332 (until March 2016)|
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Predecessor||Dai-Ni Bank, Meiwa Bank, Kamakura Bank|
|Founded||December 16, 1920|
|Headquarters||Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan|
Number of locations
|615 (Mar. 2016)|
|Kenichi Kawamura (President)|
|AUM||¥12,635.2 billion (Mar. 2016)|
|Total assets||¥15,268.9 billion (Mar. 2016)|
Number of employees
Concordia Financial Group (TYO: 7186) |
TOPIX Large 70 Component
|Subsidiaries||Subsidiaries of Bank of Yokohama|
The Bank of Yokohama, Ltd. (BOY; 株式会社横浜銀行 Kabushiki kaisha yokohama ginkō) is the largest regional bank in Japan, operating mainly in Kanagawa Prefecture and southwestern Tokyo. It currently operates 610 offices in Japan and five offices overseas (Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok, New York and London).
The bank was founded in 1920 as a regional bank to serve customers in Kanagawa Prefecture and southwestern Tokyo. It was formed in the wake of the collapse of several existing banks in the region, one of which (Dai-Ni Bank) began operations in 1869 as Yokohama Bank (横浜為替会社), the first modern financial institution in Japan; consequentially, Bank of Yokohama claims to have the longest history of any Japanese bank.
In 2015, Bank of Yokohama announced a merger with the smaller Higashi-Nippon Bank to create Concordia Financial Group, the largest regional bank holding company in Japan. Upon completion of this transaction in March 2016, Bank of Yokohama was de-listed, and Concordia took its place as a constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock market index.
- Hamagin Tokai Tokyo Securities
- Hamagin Research Institute
- Hamagin Finance
- Yokohama Capital
- Yokohama Guarantee
- Yokohama Staff Service
- Yokohama Operation Service
- Hamagin Mortgage Service
- Hamagin Business Operations Center
- Bankcard Service Japan
- "Corporate Data｜The Bank of Yokohama". www.boy.co.jp. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "横浜銀行の歴史｜会社情報｜横浜銀行". www.boy.co.jp. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Bank of Yokohama says to merge with smaller Japan regional bank". Reuters. 2016-09-08. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Changes to the Nikkei Indices" (PDF).
- "Company history books (Shashi)". Shashi Interest Group. April 2016. Wiki collection of bibliographic works on Bank of Yokohama
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|