Banks Creek, Queensland
England Creek Banks Creek Road, 2014
|Population||5 (2016 census)|
|• Density||0.118/km2 (0.307/sq mi)|
|Area||42.2 km2 (16.3 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
Banks Creek is a rural locality split between the City of Brisbane and Somerset Region in Queensland, Australia. The locality is also split for the purposes of state and federal elections. In the 2016 census, Banks Creek had a population of 5 people.
The locality takes its name from the creek of the same name which flows through the locality into the Brisbane River at Savages Crossing ( ), where Banks Creek Road has a bridge over the Brisbane River. Banks Creek Road is the main route through the locality.
The Brisbane River forms the south-western boundary of the locality.
A sawmill was built in the district in 1911.
In 1927, flooding of the Brisbane River cut a deep channel in the river where Banks Creek Road crossed the river. A low-level bridge was built by Mr Davidson, junior, to enable traffic to cross.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Banks Creek (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Banks Creek - locality in City of Brisbane (entry 41381)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Banks Creek - locality in the Somerset Region (entry 44834)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Local Government". The Queensland Times. National Library of Australia. 12 June 1911. p. 6 Edition: daily. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "DALBY". The Brisbane Courier. National Library of Australia. 26 July 1927. p. 8. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "FERNVALE BANANAS". The Queensland Times. National Library of Australia. 24 December 1935. p. 6 Edition: DAILY. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "FERNVALE". The Queensland Times. National Library of Australia. 28 March 1940. p. 2 Edition: DAILY. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
Media related to Banks Creek, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This South East Queensland geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|