Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering
|Motto||In Pursuit of Knowledge and Excellence|
|Type||A "Govt. Aided", "TEQIP-II Funded" and "ISO 9001:2008 Engineering Degree Institute"|
|Endowment||Fundeded by Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) Phase-II|
|Chairman||Prof. Nihar Hazra|
|Principal||Dr. Krishnendu Adhvaryu|
|Approvals||AICTE and Department of Higher Education,Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and Directorate of Higher Education, government of West Bengal.|
|Location||Bankura, West Bengal, India|
|Campus||11.16 Acres (Institute); 31 Acres (Hostel)|
|Present MHRD Projects||National Mission on Education Through ICT (NMEICT) & Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education (QEEE)|
|Affiliations||West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT)|
The Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering [BUIE] is a Government Aided, TEQIP-II funded and ISO 9001:2008 Engineering Degree Institute located in Bankura, West Bengal, India. Institute offers Undergraduate (B.Tech.) and Postgraduate (M.Tech.) courses in Engineering and Technology. Shri Jyoti Basu (Honorable Chief Minister, Government of West Bengal) inaugurated this Institute on 19 September 1998. Its academic curriculum started in 1998.
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering began its journey in 1998 as the first engineering college in Bankura district. It was initially known as Burdwan University, between academic years 1998-99 to 2000-01, becoming West Bengal University of Technology. The foundation stone of the residential campus was laid down by Prof. Shankar Sen, the then M.I.C., Department of Power, Non-conventional Energy and Science and Technology, Government of West Bengal and Professor Partha De, the then M.I.C., Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal and Chairman of the Institute,on 19 February 1999. The institute was recently selected by World Bank, Government of India and Government of West Bengal to participation in the prestigious Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP), Phase II.
Accreditation and Affiliation
This institute is accredited by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development MHRD, Government of India.
This institute is affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT)
Board of Governors
- Chairman - Prof. Nihar Hazra (Former Professor, Panchmura College, Bankura)
- Secretary - Prof. Pratip Mukharjee(Former Professor, Sammilani College, Bankura)
- Member - Dr. Krishnendu Adhvaryu (Principal, BUIE)
- Member - Director of Technical Education, Government of West Bengal
- Member - Professor P.B.Dutta Gupta (Former Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT-Kharagpur)
- Member - Regional Officer, Eastern Region (AICTE, College of Leather Technology Campus, LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700 098)
- Member - Dr. Ajit Chattopadhyay (Representative, WBUT)
- Member - Dr. H.P. Satpathi (Former Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, NIT-Durgapur)
- Member - Dr. Siddhartha Bandyopadhyay (Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore, Murshidabad )
- Member - Dr. Goutam Sengupta, Industrialist
- Member - Prof. Aloke Roy[permanent dead link] (Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, BUIE)
- Member - Mr. Ramananda Mukherjee (Assistant Registrar, BUIE)
The following Undergraduate Degree Programs (4 Years) are offered:-
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Mechanical Engineering
The following Postgraduate Degree Programs (2 Years) are offered:-
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in VLSI & Microelectronics
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Computer Science & Engineering
The number of annual seats allotted is based on the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination(85% of the total intake) conducted by the Central Selection Committee Engineering and Technology. Qualified candidates are taken through AIEEE/CET (state conducted test/university tests) /Association conducted test separately. Through AIEEE entrance (15% of the total intake).
BUIE has an annual intake of 516 students divided among the 7 undergraduate (UG) branches and 2 postgraduate (PG) branches as follows: Under Graduate (B.Tech.) Branches:-
- Computer Science and Engineering: 60
- Information Technology: 60
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 120
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering: 60
- Electrical Engineering: 60
- Mechanical Engineering: 60
- Civil Engineering: 60
Postgraduate (M.Tech.) Branches:-
- VLSI & Microelectronics: 18
- Computer Science & Engineering.: 18
The campuses of BUIE are located on a42-acre (170,000 m2) land adjacent to the municipal area of Bankura Town, the district headquarters of Bankura District. The institution has educational amenities such as lecture halls, library, laboratories and computing facilities. The college building of 19,650 sq ft (1,830 m2) is located on 11.16 acres (45,200 m2) of land. The academic sessions of the institute are held at the permanent institutional building.
Separate accommodations are available for men, women, and the faculty. There are two boys Hall of Residence to provide accommodation for 450 students at the residential campus of the Institute. The girls hostel accommodates 140 girls and part of Teachers' hostel accommodates 50 students. The Teachers Hostel accommodates faculties and Laboratory Assistants in eight flats. There is a guesthouse with six beds for guardians and ex-students.
- "Recognition and Affiliation". Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- WBUT - West Bengal University of Technology, Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- AICTE - All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi.