Banna, Ilocos Norte
Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Banna
|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|• Mayor||Carlito N. Abadilla|
|• Total||92.73 km2 (35.80 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||210/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)77|
|Income class||4th class; rural|
The word Banna was taken from the native chieftain named Bana. It was formerly known as Espiritu. The name changed under Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) Resolution No. 120-95 on March 20, 1995; ratified on March 10, 1996.
- Hilario (Pob.)
- Lorenzo (Pob.)
- Marcos (Pob.)
- Valenciano (Pob.)
|Population census of Banna|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Banna, Ilocos Norte, was 19,438 people, with a density of 210 inhabitants per square kilometre or 540 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Province: Ilocos Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Ilocos Norte". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Ilocos region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|