Bannered routes of U.S. Route 322
State College business route
|Location:||State College, Pennsylvania|
U.S. Route 322 Business is a 9-mile route following the original alignment of its parent. After the mainline of the route was shifted on to the Mount Nittany Expressway (whose western portion is now also part of Interstate 99), the business designation came into place. The entire route is known as Atherton Street, which begins in the west as a four-lane road that is mostly bordered by residential development. After passing by the southern entrance to Penn State University, the highway narrows to two lanes through the city center. West of downtown, the route is four lanes and offers a mix of periodic commercial development and more rural scenes.
Downingtown truck route
U.S. Route 322 Truck is a 4-mile route bypass of Downingtown, Pennsylvania that provides a route for trucks around a low clearance underpass. The route travels east from the mainline along U.S. Route 30 Business (Lancaster Avenue), which is lined with shopping centers. It then turns south onto Quarry Road near an interchange with U.S. Route 30, and travels west past industrial development on Boot Road.
The entire route is in Chester County.
US 322 / US 30 Bus. west (Lancaster Avenue/Brandywine Avenue)
|Western terminus, west end of US 30 Bis. overlap|
|PA 282 west (Green Street)||Eastern terminus of PA 282|
|PA 113 north (West Uwchlan Avenue) to Penna Turnpike||Southern terminus of PA 113|
|East Caln Township||
US 30 Bus. east (Lancaster Avenue) – Exton
|East end of US 30 Bus. overlap|
|US 30 east (Exton Bypass) – King of Prussia||Ramps to and from eastbound US 30|
|Downingtown||US 322 (Brandywine Avenue)||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
West Chester business route
|Location:||West Chester, Pennsylvania|
|Length:||3.229 mi (5.197 km)|
U.S. Route 322 Business (US 322 Bus.) is a business route of US 322 in the borough and surrounding townships of West Chester in Chester County, Pennsylvania. US 322 bypasses West Chester to the north and east on the West Chester Bypass while US 322 Bus. heads through the downtown area. The business route begins at US 322 northwest of the borough and heads southeast, entering West Chester on Hannum Avenue. US 322 Bus. heads east into downtown West Chester along the one-way pair of West Market and West Chestnut streets. In the center of town, the route heads south along South High Street, passing through the West Chester University of Pennsylvania campus as it leaves the borough. US 322 Bus. comes to its eastern terminus at an interchange with US 202/US 322 at the southern terminus of the bypass.
In the 1920s, the current routing of US 322 Bus. was designated PA 5 heading northwest of West Chester and US 122/PA 29 (later US 202) along High Street. In the 1930s, US 322 was designated to run through the borough along Hannum Avenue, Gay Street, and High Street, replacing PA 5 and running concurrent with US 202. US 322 was moved to a bypass of West Chester in the 1950s, and US 322 Bus. was assigned to the former alignment of the route through the borough. US 202 was moved to the bypass by 1970, eliminating the concurrency it had with US 322 Bus. The concurrent PA 100 designation along High Street between downtown and PA 52 was removed in 2003.
Mullica Hill business route
|Location:||Mullica Hill, New Jersey|
|Length:||1.47 mi (2.37 km)|
U.S. Route 322 Business (US 322 Bus.) is a 1.47-mile (2.37 km) business route following the former alignment of US 322 through the community of Mullica Hill in Harrison Township, Gloucester County, New Jersey. The route begins at an intersection with US 322/CR 536/CR 536A and Route 45 north of Mullica Hill, heading south concurrent with Route 45/CR 536 on two-lane undivided Main Street. The road passes homes and some businesses in the community. At the south end of Mullica Hill, US 322 Bus./CR 536 splits from Route 45 by heading east on Mullica Hill Road. The route continues through a mix of woods, fields, and residential subdivisions. US 322 Bus. reaches its eastern terminus at an intersection with US 322/CR 536A and CR 623, at which point Mullica Hill Road continues east as US 322/CR 536. US 322 Bus. is county-maintained its entire length and is unsigned. US 322 Bus. was created following the rerouting of US 322 onto the Mullica Hill Bypass in 2012.
|0.00||0.00|| US 322 (CR 536 west / CR 536A east / Swedesboro Road / Mullica Hill Bypass) to N.J. Turnpike / Route 55 – Commodore Barry Bridge, Bridgeport, Shore Points, Glassboro
Route 45 north (North Main Street) – Woodbury
|Western terminus, west end of Route 45/CR 536 overlap|
|0.38||0.61||Route 45 south (South Main Street) to Route 77 – Woodstown, Salem||East end of Route 45 overlap|
|1.47||2.37||US 322 (CR 536A west / CR 536 east / Mullica Hill Bypass / Mullica Hill Road) – Richwood, Jefferson||Eastern terminus, east end of CR 536 overlap|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Bureau of Maintenance and Operations (January 2015). Roadway Management System Straight Line Diagrams (Report) (2015 ed.). Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Chester County (PDF)
- Google (December 16, 2014). "overview of U.S. Route 322 Business West Chester" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- Chester County, Pennsylvania (Map) (17th ed.). 1"=2000'. ADC Map. 2006. ISBN 0-87530-778-7.
- Pennsylvania Highway Map (eastern side) (Map). Gulf Oil. 1926. Retrieved December 26, 2007.
- Pennsylvania Highway Map (Map). Pennsylvania Department of Highways. 1927. Retrieved December 26, 2007.
- Pennsylvania Highway Map (Philadelphia Metro) (Map). Gulf Oil. 1928. Retrieved November 8, 2007.
- Official Road Map of Pennsylvania (PDF) (Map). Pennsylvania Department of Highways. 1940. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- General Highway Map Chester County, Pennsylvania (PDF) (Map) (Sheet 1 ed.). Pennsylvania Department of Highways. 1959. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- Official Map of Pennsylvania (PDF) (Map). Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. 1970. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- Petersen, Nancy (October 9, 2003). "Route 100 loses its way through West Chester". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- "US 322 Business Straight Line Diagram" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Google (January 2, 2015). "overview of U.S. Route 322 Business Mullica Hill" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Forand, Rebecca (January 11, 2012). "Route 322 Bypass now open". Gloucester County Times. Retrieved February 7, 2012.