Bannock // is a census-designated place in northwestern Richland Township, Belmont County, Ohio, United States, along Wheeling Creek. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 211. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 43972. It lies along State Route 331.
Bannock was originally called Bruce, after Bruce Caldwell, the son of the original owner of the town site. A post office called Bannock has been in operation since 1880. Besides the post office, Bannock had a country store.
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Me.: DeLorme. 1991. pp. 62–63. ISBN 0-89933-233-1.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bannock, Ohio
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bannock CDP, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Zip Code Lookup Archived October 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 8.
- "Belmont County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- McKelvey, A. T. (1903). Centennial History of Belmont County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 392.
|This Belmont County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|