Banoo Main Teri Dulhann
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Banoo Main teri Dulhan|
A promotional image for Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
|Created by||Shakuntalam Telefilms|
|Directed by||Neelima Bajpayi, Ismail Umarr Khan, Inder Das|
|Opening theme||"Banoo Main Teri Dulhann" by Mahalaxmi Iyer|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||700|
|Running time||22 minutes approximately|
|Original network||Zee TV, ANTV, Zee Magic|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),|
|Original release||14 August 2006– 28 May 2009|
Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (I will be your bride) (International Title:The Vow) is an Indian soap opera that aired on Zee TV channel 14 August 2006 through May 2009 in the prime time slot (8 pm ).The show has also re-aired on zee smile . It is one of the highest ranked shows and trp ruler at its airing time and took zeetv to no. 1 position. It even beats the star plus' s highest rated show - kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi. The whole series is available on youtube . The series deals with the life of a small city woman, Vidya, who reaches Delhi after marrying Sagar, a rich businessman. The series is known internationally as The Vow on ZEE World..
The story is about a beautiful, simple and loyal village woman named Vidya (Divyanka Tripathi) from Benaras. She is as Devi Sita (Wife of Bhagwan Shri Ram) who does all the work in her household and her uncle, aunt and cousin torture her. They don't allow Vidya to get an education, leaving her illiterate. Soon, Rajendra Pratap Singh (the local Thakur) comes to Benaras to find a wife for his son Sagar. When Sagar's father sees Vidya, he decides that she will be his daughter-in-law. On the day of her marriage day, Vidya finds out that Sagar is mentally unstable, having the mindset of a child due to the car accident that almost claimed his life. Sagar does not realize he is married so he and Vidya get off to a rocky start. Sindoora, Sagar's evil stepsister wants the Thakur property to herself and will go to any height to gain it. In fact, she is the one who caused the deadly car accident to kill Sagar but was unsuccessful. Chandra and Mahua are Sindoora's younger sisters and do whatever Sindoora tells them to and continually harass Vidya. Sindoora attempts to put many blames on Vidya to kick her out of the house and gives her a lot of trouble. But, her generous ex-husband Aniket and son Bharat do not take her opinion in which they lend a helping hand to Vidya. Aniket and Bharat both want to see Sagar and Vidya be together. With all of this trouble on her shoulder, she completes all of her duties and makes the room for herself in the other family member's hearts, even Sagar's. Vidya finds out that doctor from Singapore can cure Sagar back to normal, so she and Sagar both go there. Sindoora finds out and then plans multiple attacks on Sagar and Vidya but Sagar's operation went successful. But,he doesn't remember anything before his car accident and so doesn't remember Vidya. Sindoora then takes advantage of this and tries to poison Sagar's mind against Vidya, but Sagar and Vidya later get married. Sindoora tries again to kill Sagar but Aniket gets paralyzed while trying to protect Sagar. Gayatri, Sagar's aunt arrives and knows that Sindoora is trying to kill Sagar. So she teams up with Vidya to get rid of Sindoora. They try their best to expose Sindoora but Sagar doesn't listen to their arguments. Vidya then pretends to be pregnant for Sagar under Gayatri's orders but fails to hide the truth from him. Sindoora plots and manages to send her ex-husband Aniket to jail. Sindoora then plots and paid a man to run into Gayatri. She didn't die but went into a coma. Later, Sindoora corners Sagar and Vidya on the edge of the cliff of Kailashpati Shankar Mandir (Lord Shiva) and she kills both of them by shooting them with her gun.
29 years later
Sagar and Vidya were reborn as Amar and Divya on the night of their death. Divya is modern rich girl from London and Amar is spontaneous tour guide from Benaras. Amar and Divya both meet there, Divya gets strange flashbacks of her previous birth time which she does not remember immediately but later recalls. It took time for Amar to remember but he finally does and they both work to get their revenge on Sindoora with the help of Bharat who kills her the first time but she returns twice. Sindoora again tries her best to keep them apart as their union will mean a threat to her life. In an attempt to separate them, Sindoora wants Divya to marry Samrat who is the fake son of Rajiv and Mahua (as Rajiv swooped Amar and Samrat at birth time) and the biological son of Amar's parents. Meanwhile, Amar searches for Divya but undergoes several hardships in the process.
Cast and characters
- Divyanka Tripathi as Vidya Tanu Pratap Singh/Divya – Sagar's wife, Kausalya's daughter.
- Sharad Malhotra as Sagar Pratap Singh – Vidya's husband, son of Rajendra Pratap Singh and Uma Pratap Singh.
- Rajendra Gupta as Raghav Pratap Singh – The father of Sagar, Sindoora, Mahua, and Chandra. He was married to Uma,later died to heart-attack. (Episodes 1–13,50)
- Surinder Kaur as Uma Pratap Singh – Sagar's mother. Rajendra Pratap Singh's 2nd wife. She has 3 step-children, Sindoora, Mahua and Chandra.(Episode 1–700)
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Gayatri – Sagar's aunt who goes into a coma after a car accident plotted by Sindoora. (Episodes 266–354)
- Kamya Panjabi as Sindoora Pratap Singh – Rajendra's oldest evil daughter, Bharat's evil ex-mother, Aniket's evil ex-wife, murderer of Sagar and Vidya, main antagonist). She wants the worst to happen in the family. She hates both Sagar & Vidya and she was responsible for Sagar's 1st car accident which was her evil plot to kill him. She made many attempts to kill Sagar though she was not successful. She wants Sagar and Vidya separated for eternity. Plus,she is evil as Dasanan Ravan. (Episodes 7-557,622–700)
- Rajesh Balwani as Aniket – Sindoora's ex-husband and Bharat's father. He knows Sindoora is evil and wants to see Sagar and Vidya be together. (Episodes 28-419,515–700)
- Shyam Sharma as Bharat – The son of Aniket and Sindoora, Bharat ran away from home and returned after 21 years. (Episode 28-393)
- Mohit Malik as Bharat Singh (Older Bharat), who is commonly called Mr. B.S. (Episode 515–700)
- Shamin Mannan portrayed Aditi, Bharat's wife and Karan's ex-wife.(Episode 516–624,630–700)
- Himansshi Chaudhary and Ritu Vasisht portrayed Mahua Singh, who is Rajendra's daughter and Rajiv's wife and Amar's mother. She eventually vanishes along with her sister Chandra. She believes Rajiv is really dead. The character last appeared in episodes 7-494 & 495–578.
- Harsh Vasishta as Rajiv Kumar, Mahua's husband.[clarification needed] He is married to Chandra and helps Divya get revenge at Sindoora. The character appeared in episodes 278–514,527,529,553,571 & 575.
- Faisal Raza Khan as Kartik, Mahua's ex-husband.
- Vishal Vatwani as Samrat, the false Son of Rajeev and Mahua. He is the biological son of Amar's parents. He is Viren and Divya's good friend, and is Divya's ex-fiance. (Episode 396 thru 507)
- Addite Shirwaikar and Shweta Dadhich portrayed Chandra, Rajendra's daughter. She eventually vanishes along with her sister Mahua. The character last appeared in episodes 7-393 & 396–673.
- Puneet Vasishtha as Harsh, Chandra's ex-husband. He is in jail, but Chandra does not know about this. The character last appeared in episode 1–377.
- Kamini Kaushal as Dadi Maa, Harsh's grandmother.
- Suhita Thatte as Kausalya, Vidya's mother. She does not know her daughter Vidya & son-in-law Sagar were both killed by Sindoora. (Episodes 1–206)
- Renuka Bondre as Hema Chachi, Shalu's mother. She later vanishes with her husband Harish. The character last appeared in episode 562.
- Snehal Sahai as Shalu, Chinu's wife. She is Hema's daughter, Kamna's mother and Vidya's cousin. The character last appeared in episode 393,453 & 537.
- Manish Naggdev as Cheenu, the husband of Shalu. He is Kamna's father and Sagar's cousin. The character last appeared in episode 393,453 & 537.
- Amrin Chakkiwala as Kamna, the daughter of Chinu and Shalu. She is pregnant with Samrat's child. The 2 were engaged, but broke up. (Episode 403 thru 508)
- Indraneil Sengupta as Tushar, Sagar's childhood friend. (Episode 128 thru 206)
- Neeta Shetty as Dr. Shivani
- Soni Singh as Surili, Sagar's ex-girlfriend.
- Atul Srivastava as DJ, Sagar and Vidya's helper
- Abhileen Pandey as Chintu, Amar's younger cousin. He is really Samrat's brother.[clarification needed] Chintu is no longer seen on the show after Divya becomes pregnant.
- Anokhi Shrivastav as Bindiya, Amar's childhood friend and former fiancee.
- Aadesh Chaudhary as Viren, Divya and Samrat's old friend, and Divya's fake husband. (Episode 509 thru 520)
- Sachin Shroff as Dr. Shashank. (Episode 677 thru 696)
- Aneesha Kapoor as Gauri, a girl who thinks Amar is Shivam. (Episode 563 thru 655)
- Amrapali Gupta as Radha, Vidya's generous friend from Benares.
- Sayantani Ghosh as Amrita from Naaginn. (Special appearance in Episode 581 & 582)[clarification needed]
|United Arab Emirates||Zee Alwan||Arabic|
|South Africa||Zee World||English|