|Location||MRT: B1F, No. 5, Zhanqian Rd.
Banqiao, New Taipei
|Opened||TRA: August 25, 1901
July 21, 1999 (present building)
Metro: May 31, 2006
THSR: November 16, 2006
|Passengers||MRT: 80,033 daily (2016)
(Ranked 5th of 109)
TRA: 43,253 daily (2014)
HSR: 20,628 daily (2016)
Banqiao Station (Chinese: 板橋車站; pinyin: Bǎnqiáo Chēzhàn) is a railway station located in Banqiao District, New Taipei, Taiwan. The station serves high-speed rail, conventional rail, and metro trains. All tracks and platforms in the station are located underground.
The new station building opened on July 21, 1999 for TRA trains, May 31, 2006 for the Taipei Metro, and on January 5, 2007 for Taiwan High Speed Rail. The station currently handles over 106,000 passengers per day. It is due to accommodate trains for the elevated Taipei Metro Circular Line by the end of 2018.
The three-level consists of a 25-story building above ground and 5 underground station stories; it is Taiwan's tallest station building. It includes platforms for the TRA, THSR, and Taipei Metro. The new station building was built as part of the Taipei Railway Underground Project to move railway lines in the city underground.
Titled "Evolution Orbit", the Taipei Metro platform has artwork consisting of 12 colorful rings affixed to columns on the platform. These rings complete a cycle every hour and also move whenever a train enters the station.
|24F-25F||Fitness Center||Global Sports|
|3F-23F||Offices||Financial Supervisory Commission
Intellectual Property Court
Ministry of Transportation and Communications - Bureau of High Speed Rail
Ministry of Transportation and Communications - Railway Reconstruction Bureau
New Taipei City Vocational Training Center
|Global Mall Banqiao Store|
|Street Level||Lobby Shopping Area||Entrance/Exit, TRA Ticketing, Information Counter
Global Mall Banqiao Store
TRA Ticket Gate
Travel Information Counter
Global Mall Banqiao Store
|Underground Walkway (Connects with Metro)|
|Metro Lobby||Underground Walkway (Connects with TRA/THSR)|
|B2||Platform 1A||→West Coast Line toward Taipei, Keelung/Yilan (Wanhua)|
|Platform 1B||→West Coast Line toward Taipei, Keelung/Yilan (Wanhua)|
|No Platform||Through track (Freight/Passing/Train parking...)|
|Platform 2A||→West Coast Line toward Kaohsiung (Shulin)|
|Platform 2B||→West Coast Line toward Kaohsiung (Shulin)|
|Platform 1A||→THSR toward Zuoying (Taoyuan)|
|Platform 1B||→THSR toward Zuoying (Taoyuan)|
|Metro Lobby||Information desk, Restrooms (Outside fare zone), Automatic ticket dispensing machines
|B3||Platform 1||← Bannan Line toward Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (BL08 Xinpu)|
|Platform 2||→ Bannan Line toward Dingpu / Far Eastern Hospital (BL06 Fuzhong) →|
|Platform 2A||→THSR toward Nangang (Taipei)|
|Platform 2B||→THSR toward Nangang (Taipei)|
Around the station
- Intercity Bus Station
- Local Bus Station
- New Taipei City Hall
- Banqiao Stadium
- Xianmin (County Resident) Plaza
- Ministry of Justice Investigation Bureau, Banqiao Branch
- Far Eastern Department Store
- Bureau of High Speed Rail, MOTC
- Railway Reconstruction Bureau, MOTC
- Hsiao Chung-Cheng Hospital
- New Taipei Municipal Banqiao High School (between this station and Fuzhong Station)
- New Taipei Municipal Haishan High School
- New Taipei Municipal Zhongshan Junior High School
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railway Administration||Following station|
|West Coast Line||
toward Far Eastern Hospital
|Taiwan High Speed Rail|
|Taiwan High Speed Rail||
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
toward Jiannan Road
toward Taipei Zoo
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Banciao Station.|
- "Route Map: Banqiao". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Volume of Passenger and Freight Traffic" (PDF). Taiwan Railway Administration. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Table 2-9 Passenger Traffic of High-Speed Rail Stations". Ministry of Transportation and Communications. January 2017. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- 臺灣鐵路站名英譯對照表 [Table of English translations of station names on the Taiwanese railways] (in Chinese), Taiwan Railway Administration, archived from the original on 2009-08-30
- Banqiao, TRTS
- Banqiao Station, THSR
- "Public Art on the Banqiao Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "公共藝術之旅系列報導6 南港線（二）、板橋線". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-06-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.