|Location||MRT: B1F, No. 5, Zhanqian Rd.
Banqiao, New Taipei
|Opened||TRA: August 25, 1901
July 21, 1999 (present building)
Metro: May 31, 2006
THSR: November 16, 2006
|Passengers||MRT: 59,342 daily (2011)
(Ranked 10th of 89)
TRA: 43,253 daily (2014)
HSR: 17,020 daily (2013)
Banqiao Station (Chinese: 板橋車站; pinyin: Bǎnqiáo Chēzhàn) is a railway station located in Banqiao District, New Taipei, Taiwan. The station serves high-speed rail, conventional rail, and metro trains. All tracks and platforms in the station are located underground.
The new station building opened on July 21, 1999 for TRA trains, May 31, 2006 for the Taipei Metro, and on January 5, 2007 for Taiwan High Speed Rail. The station currently handles over 106,000 passengers per day. It is due to accommodate trains for the elevated Taipei Metro Circular Line by the end of 2015.
The station consists of a 25-story building above ground and 5 underground stories; it is Taiwan's tallest station building. It includes platforms for the TRA, THSR, and Taipei Metro. The new station building was built as part of the Taipei Railway Underground Project to move railway lines in the city underground.
Titled "Evolution Orbit", the Taipei Metro platform has artwork consisting of 12 colorful rings affixed to columns on the platform. These rings complete a cycle every hour and also move whenever a train enters the station.
|25F||Observation Floor||(Kingdom Construction Global Shopping Center) (Not operational)|
|22F-3F||Offices||Ministry of Transportation and Communications offices, Financial Supervisory Commission offices|
|2F||Shopping Area||Global Banqiao Store|
|Street Level||Lobby||Entrance/Exit, TRA Ticketing, Information Counter|
TRA Ticket Gate
Travel Information Counter, Underground shopping mall and walkway
Restrooms, Infant room, Global Banqiao Store
New Taipei City Low-Carbon Library
|Underground walkway (Connects with Metro)|
|Metro Lobby||Underground walkway (Connects with TRA/THSR)|
|B2||Platform 1A||→TRA Western Line toward Taipei, Keelung/Yilan (Wanhua)|
|Platform 1B||→TRA Western Line toward Taipei, Keelung/Yilan (Wanhua)|
|Platform 2A||→TRA Western Line toward Kaohsiung (Shulin)|
|Platform 2B||→TRA Western Line toward Kaohsiung (Shulin)|
|Platform 1A||→THSR toward Zuoying (Taoyuan)|
|Platform 1B||→THSR toward Zuoying (Taoyuan)|
|Metro Lobby||Information desk, Restrooms (Outside fare zone), Automatic ticket dispensing machines
|B3||Platform 1||← Banqiao Line toward Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (Xinpu)|
|Platform 2||→ Banqiao Line toward Yongning/ Far Eastern Hospital (Fuzhong) →|
|Platform 2A||→THSR toward Taipei (Terminus)|
|Platform 2B||→THSR toward Taipei (Terminus)|
Around the station
- Intercity Bus Station
- Local Bus Station
- New Taipei City Hall
- Banqiao Stadium
- Xianmin (County Resident) Plaza
- Ministry of Justice Investigation Bureau, Banqiao Branch
- Far Eastern Department Store
- Bureau of High Speed Rail, MOTC
- Railway Reconstruction Bureau, MOTC
- Hsiao Chung-Cheng Hospital
- New Taipei Municipal Banqiao High School (between this station and Fuzhong Station)
- New Taipei Municipal Haishan High School
- New Taipei Municipal Zhongshan Junior High School
|Preceding station||Taiwan Railway Administration||Following station|
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Preceding station||Taiwan High Speed Rail||Following station|
|Taiwan High Speed Rail||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Banqiao Station.|
- "Route Map: Banqiao". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Volume of Passenger and Freight Traffic" (PDF). Taiwan Railway Administration. 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Table 2-9 Passenger Traffic of High-Speed Rail Stations" (PDF). Ministry of Transportation and Communications. January 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-1. Check date values in:
- 臺灣鐵路站名英譯對照表 (Table of English translations of station names on the Taiwanese railways) (in Chinese), Taiwan Railway Administration
- Banqiao, TRTS
- Banqiao Station, THSR
- "Public Art on the Banqiao Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "公共藝術之旅系列報導6 南港線（二）、板橋線". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-06-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.