Banque Internationale à Luxembourg
Number of employees
|1,929 (31 December 2014)|
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg S.A. (BIL) is a Luxembourgish bank. It is the oldest private bank in Luxembourg. The bank is owned by Legend Holdings (89.936%) and the Luxembourg government (9.993%).
Founded in 1856, the bank was a major bank of Luxembourg. It was acquired by Dexia in 1999. In 2012 Dexia sold BIL for €730 million to Precision Capital, which also owned KBL European Private Bankers.
In 2017, Legend Holdings announced it was acquiring a 90% stake in the bank from Precision Capital for €1.484 billion. In July 2018, the procedure was approved by the Luxembourg regulator (CSSF) and the European Central Bank.
- "A Chinese carmaker agrees to buy a Danish investment bank". The Economist. 5 October 2017.
- Sébastien Buron (11 January 2007). "Manager de l'Année" (PDF). Levif.be (in French). Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Closing of the sale of Banque Internationale à Luxembourg" (PDF). Dexia. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Legend Holdings to acquire Precision Capital's stake in Banque Internationale à Luxembourg" (Press release). Banque Internationale à Luxembourg. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Major Transaction Acquisition of 89.936% Issued Share Capital in Banque Internationale a Luxembourg S.A." (PDF) (Press release). Legend Holdings. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Legend Holding gets regulatory green light for BIL purchase". luxtimes.lu. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Purchase complete: Legend Holdings acquires BIL - Delano - Luxembourg in English". Delano (in French). 2018-07-02. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
|This Luxembourg-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|