|• Total||2.3 sq mi (6.0 km2)|
|• Land||2.3 sq mi (6.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|• Density||320/sq mi (120/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Zip Code||78339, 78380|
Banquete (// bang-KET-ee) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Nueces County, Texas, United States. Banquete is located at the intersection of State Highway 44 and FM 666, 23 miles west of Corpus Christi. Banquete should not be confused with Rancho Banquete, a census-designated place situated several miles west of the community.
Banquete is located at (27.800641, -97.797179). The CDP has a total area of 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2), all land.
Banquete was named for a four-day feast honoring the completion of a road linking San Patricio, Texas with Matamoros in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas. The community was also a stop on the Texas Mexican Railway.
The Banquete Independent School District serves area students. Their last graduating class consisted of fifty five seniors.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Banquete has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- Konni Burton, Republican member of the Texas State Senate from Tarrant County; reared in Banquete, where her father was the school principal.
- Banquete, TX - Handbook of Texas.
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010.
- "Banquete, Texas :: Boundary Map of Banquete, Texas".
- Banquete, Texas - Texas Escapes Online Magazine.
- Climate Summary for Banquete, Texas
- "About Konni". konniburton.com. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
|This article about a location in Nueces County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|