||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Preceded by:||Salmon class|
|Succeeded by:||Fervent class|
|In commission:||1894 to 1912|
|Type:||Torpedo boat destroyer|
|Displacement:||290 long tons (295 t)|
|Length:||210 ft (64 m)|
|Beam:||19 ft (5.8 m)|
|Draught:||7 ft (2.1 m)|
|Speed:||27 knots (50 km/h; 31 mph)|
Banshee had a length of 210 ft (64 m), beam 19 ft (5.8 m) and draught of 7 ft (2.1 m) They carried a complement of 53 officers and men.
Along with the near-identical Ferret-class torpedo boat destroyers they were all disposed of in 1911/1912.
- HMS Banshee, launched November 1894.
- HMS Contest, launched December 1894.
- HMS Dragon, launched December 1894.
- Lyon, David (1996). The First Destroyers. ISBN 1-84067-364-8.
- Manning, T.D (1979) . The British Destroyer. Godfrey Cave Associates. ISBN 0-906223-13-X.
- "battleships.cruisers.co.uk". Retrieved 10 December 2007.
Media related to Banshee class destroyer at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a specific destroyer of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|