|• Total||376.9 km2 (145.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||850/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Banshkhali|
Banshkhali Upazila is located at. It is bounded by Anwara and Sangu on the north, Chakaria on the south, Lohagara and Satkania on the east, Kutubdia and Bay of Bengal on the west. There is a canal named “Shonaichari” at Banshkhali which is locally known as “Honaichari”. Businessmen from Chakaria used to buy bamboos from this area and used Shonaichari canal to pass these bamboos to another area. At that time, local people observed that Shonaichari canal filled with bamboos. Banshkhali is named after this historical event. It has 55,609 households and a total area of 376.9 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Banshkhali had a population of 320,339. Males constituted 52.07% of the population, and females 47.93%. The population aged 18 or over was 151,875. Banshkhali had an average literacy rate of 22.6% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4%.
Banshkhali has 15 Unions/Wards, 72 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 111 villages. Primary School-412, High School-39, Madrassa-66, College-5. Name Of Unions
4 No Baharcara Union Village's name
Chapachari<Post Office>, Elsha, Baharchara, Baskala, Roatnapur, Satdigirpara, Maijpara, Haliapara.
- 3 no Khankhanabad Union Village's name:-
Kadam Rasu<Post Office> Khankhanabad, Kadam Rasul, Premasia, Raichata, Dongra, Digirpara.
Secondary schools: 39
- 1.Kokdandi Gunagari High School (kokdandi)
- 2. Natmura Pukuria High School (1957),Pukuria.
- 3. Banigram Shadhanpur High School,Shadhanpur.
- 4. Joldi Pilot High School,Joldi.
- 5. West Banshkali High School (1957).Chapachari.
- 6. Kamal Uddin Chy.Girls High School (2005).Chapachari.
- 7. Banigram Sadhonpur High School (1928) Banigram.
- 8. Azaharul Huq High School (1943) Kalipur.
- 9. Khankhanabadh ideal High School khankanabadh.
- 10..KATHARIA BAGMARA HIGH SCHOOL.(katharia)
- 11. Monaem Shah Awlia High School (Pukuria)
- 12. hajigaon barumchara high school (1967) Hajigaon
- 13. Bailchari Nazmunnesa High School. Bailchari
- 14. Puichari Izzatia Ideal High School.
S.S.C.Exam Halls: 4
- 1. West Banshkali High School (1957) Chapachari.
- 2. Joldi Piolot High School (1932) Joldi
- 3. Banigram Sadhonpur High School (1928) Banigram.
- 4. Azaharul Huq High School (1943) Kalipur.
- 1. Banshkhli Degree College (1967) Gunagori.
- 2. West Banshkhli Upokulio Degree College(1995).Chapachari.
- (Founder: Dr.Abdul Karim.Ex VC.CU. Chapachari.)
- 3. Alawl Degree College (1973) Joldi.
- 4. Mtr.N.Ahd. College. Napoda.
- 5. Banshkhli Mohila College. Boilchari.
- 1. Banskhali Hamedia Rahima Alia Madrasa (1974) Chechuria
Place of Interest
- Banshkhali Eco Park
- Baamer Chara
- Sea Beach (Baharchara,kankanabad,kadam rasul)
- River Shangu
- Pukuria tea garden
- Bokshi Hamid Mosque.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Banshkhali.|
- Ujjal Bishwas (2012), "Banshkhali Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|