|Neighbourhood in Asansol|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bansra is a neighbourhood in Asansol and a census town in Raniganj CD Block and is served by Asansol North police station of Asansol Sadar subdivision in Paschim Bardhaman district in the state of West Bengal, India.
Bansra is located at.
The Asansol region is composed of undulating latterite region. This area lies between two mighty rivers – the Damodar and the Ajay. They flow almost parallel to each other in the region – the average distance between the two rivers is around 30 km. For ages the area was heavily forested and infested with plunderers and marauders. The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
As per 2011 Census of India Banshra had a total population of 5,703 of which 3,001 (53%) were males and 2,702 (47%) were females. Population below 6 years was 731. The total number of literates in Banshra was 3,746 (73.34% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Bansra had a population of 5,128. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Bansra has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 63% of the literates being male and 37% being female. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Bansra has two primary schools.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (in Bengali), Vol I, pp 14-15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Coalmining impact on the Environment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003 Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Eastern Coalfields Limited's Hospitals" (PDF). ECL. Retrieved 23 April 2017.