Bansihari (community development block)
|Bansihari (CD Block)
বংশীহরি সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||197.50 km2 (76.26 sq mi)|
|• Density||620/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Harirampur|
Bansihari (community development block) is an administrative division in Gangarampur subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bansihari police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Buniadpur.
Bansihari is located at.
As per 2011 Census of India Bansihari CD Block had a total population of 141,286 all of which were rural. There were 77,161 males and 69,125 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 37,506 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 31,017.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Bansihari CD Block was 85,368 out of which 47,721 were males and 37,646 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4" (PDF). Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.