The bantamweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- The UFC's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 135 lb (61.2 kg)
- The King of the Cage bantamweight class, with upper limit at 145 lb (65.8 kg)
- The Shooto bantamweight division, which suits competitors below 125 lb (56.7 kg)
- The ONE Championship's bantamweight, limits between 136 and 145 lb (61.3 to 65.8 kg)
- The ROAD FC's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 135.6 lb (61.5 kg)
Ambiguity and clarification
For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 126 and 135 lb (57 and 61 kg) as bantamweights, This encompasses both the Shooto Featherweight division (132 lb / 60 kg) and the King of the Cage Flyweight division (135 lb / 61 kg). The UFC uses the Nevada definition of "bantamweight".
Prior to UFC 31, 150-pound (68 kg) fighters were known as bantamweights in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. After which, the weight limit was raised to 155 lb (70 kg), and the division became reinstated as the lightweight class.
These tables are not always up to date. Last updated on December 30, 2016.
|UFC||December 30, 2016||Cody Garbrandt||11-0 (9KO 2DEC)||0|
|Bellator MMA||June 17, 2016||Eduardo Dantas||18-4 (4KO 6SUB)||0|
|WSOF||March 29, 2014||Marlon Moraes||17-4-1 (7KO 5SUB)||4|
|ONE Championship||October 18, 2013||Bibiano Fernandes||19-3 (2KO 7SUB)||4|
|UFC||July 9, 2016||Amanda Nunes||13-4 (9KO 3SUB)||1|
|Invicta FC||July 9, 2015||Tonya Evinger||17-6-0 (7KO 6SUB)||1|
|Deep Jewels||August 29, 2015||Ji Yeon Kim||5-0-2 (1KO 2SUB)||0|
- List of current MMA Bantamweight Champions
- List of current MMA Women's Bantamweight Champions
- List of UFC Bantamweight Champions
- List of WEC Bantamweight Champions (defunct)
- List of Pancrase Bantamweight Champions
- "Fighters: Rankings ...". KingoftheCage.com. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: `er 467 - Unarmed Combat". http://www.leg.state.nv.us. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20. External link in
- "Unified Rules of MMA". ABCBoxing.com. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|