The bantamweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- The UFC's bantamweight division, which groups competitors within 126 lbs–135 lbs (61.3 kg)
- The King of the Cage bantamweight class, with upper limit at 145 lb (65.8 kg)
- The Shooto bantamweight division, which suits competitors below 125 lb (56.7 kg)
- The ONE Championship's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 66 kg (145.5 lb)
- The Road FC's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 135.6 lb (61.5 kg)
Ambiguity and clarification
For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 126 and 135 lb (57 and 61 kg) as bantamweights, This encompasses both the Shooto Featherweight division (132 lb / 60 kg) and the King of the Cage Flyweight division (135 lb / 61 kg). The UFC uses the Nevada definition of "bantamweight".
Prior to UFC 31, 150-pound (68 kg) fighters were known as bantamweights in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. After which, the weight limit was raised to 155 lb (70 kg), and the division became reinstated as the lightweight class.
These tables are not always up to date. Last updated on April 2019.
|Bellator MMA||October 6, 2017||Darrion Caldwell||13-2 (2KO 5SUB)||1|
|Rizin FF||December 31, 2018||Kyoji Horiguchi||27-2 (14KO 3SUB)||0|
|ONE Championship||March 31st, 2019||Bibiano Fernandes||23-4 (2KO 8SUB)||0|
|Fight Nights Global||October 10, 2017||Tomáš Deák||18-9-1 (6KO 8SUB)||1|
|Cage Warriors||December 8, 2018||Jack Shore||10-0 (4KO 4SUB)||0|
|ACB||March 24, 2018||Rustam Kerimov||13-0 (5KO 2SUB)||1|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||November 30, 2018||Miles Johns||8-0 (2KO 1SUB)||0|
|UFC||July 9, 2016||Amanda Nunes||17-4 (12KO 3SUB)||3|
- List of current MMA Bantamweight Champions
- List of current MMA Women's Bantamweight Champions
- List of UFC Bantamweight Champions
- List of WEC Bantamweight Champions (defunct)
- List of Pancrase Bantamweight Champions
- List of Road FC Bantamweight Champions
- "Fighters: Rankings ..." KingoftheCage.com. Archived from the original on 2007-02-16. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: `er 467 - Unarmed Combat". leg.state.nv.us. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". ABCBoxing.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|