|Bantayan - Evelio B. Javier Airport|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines|
|Elevation AMSL||60 ft / 18.3 m|
Bantayan Airport is an airport serving Bantayan Island in the province of Cebu in the Philippines. The airport is located in the municipality of Santa Fe, approximately 7.2 km (4.5 mi) from the centre of Bantayan municipality. It is classified as a Community airport by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), the agency that runs all airports in the Philippines except major international airports. The current airport manager is Joselito Seville.
Bantayan Airport is a small feeder airport and does not have a paved runway or fuel service. The largest handling capacity is a Dash‑7. It has a dirt runway which is approximately 900 m (2,950 ft) long and 40 m (140 ft) wide, as well as a small terminal. The terminal shed was erected in 2003, along with two security fences and the airport gate, as part of an airport improvement program initiated by the CAAP.
As of June 2013[update] there is doubt about the future of the airport. CAAP wishes to cease funding it. However President Aquino, who flew into Bantayan airport for his first island visit in February 2014, is interested in the development of the airport.
Meanwhile, a private entrepreneur tried to appropriate it.
In February 2015[update] it was reported that initial work was under way on the construction project to build new airports at Bantayan and Camotes. The initial project phase is to determine a suitable location for the new airport, implying that it may be at an entirely different location on the island.
- PAGASA - ICAO codes
- Bantayan Airport Development Project Archived November 28, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Cebu Daily News 2013.
- The Freeman 2014.
- Balita 2014.
- Cebu Daily News, Ador Vincent S. Mayol & Apple Ta-as (23 September 2014). "Mayor sues Brit for fencing off airstrip". Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- The Freeman 2015.
- Cebu Daily News 2015.
- The Freeman 2017.
- Cebu Daily News, Peter L. Romanillos (19 August 2013). "Review Camotes, Bantayan airport projects — Davide". Archived from the original on 18 August 2013.
- The Freeman, Gregg M. Rubio (26 February 2014). "Bantayan Is. eyed as tourism hub". Archived from the original on 7 December 2014.
- Balita, LAP (4 July 2014). "President Aquino wants to develop Bantayan airport – Gov. Davide". Archived from the original on 6 November 2014.
- The Freeman, Kristine B. Quintas (14 January 2017). "New airport eyed".