This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Bantva is located at an altitude of 20 meters. Nearby towns are Nanadiya, Limbuda, Nakara Manavadar, Vanthali, Junagadh, Keshod, Visavadar, Kutiyana, Dhoraji, Porbandar and Rajkot. The town is roughly 10 kilometers from the Arabian Sea.
Before the Independence of India in 1947, Bantva was part of the princely state of Bantva Manavadar in Kathiawar, founded in 1760 and locally ruled until February 1948 by Khan Himmat Khan, son of Khan Amir Khan, of the Muslim Babi family of Junagadh State.
Before 1947, the population of Bantva was approximately 20,000; 80% of its population was Memon. As of the 2001 India census, Bantva had a population of 15,216. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Bantva has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%, with 57% of the males and 43% of females literate. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places of interest
Places of interest in Bantva are:
- Bantwa Gymkhana
- Barwali Masjid
- Jamia Masjid
- Madrassa E Islamia
- Mazaar Of Bukhari Sharif
- Yateem Khana Islamia
Notable locals of Bantva
- Arif Habib ,Pakistani business magnate and stock market trader who is the founder of the Arif Habib Group
- Abdul Sattar Edhi ,Humanitarian, Social Worker and founder of Edhi Foundation, which has the largest private ambulance service network in the world. Born in a Memon family, which, during partition, migrated to Pakistan and settled in Karachi.
- Bilquis Edhi, Wife of Abdul Sattar Edhi
- Ahmad Adaya, founder of IDS Real Estate Group, one of the California's largest real estate companies.
- Ahmed Dawood, founder of the Dawood Group, post separation Pakistan pioneer merchant, industrialist and philanthropist.
- Shrikant Shah: Gujarati novelist and short story writer.
- Rajendra Shukla, Gujarati poet
- Mustafa Hanif Balagamwala,Honorary Secretary General of Memon Professional Forum.
- Arif Aajakia,Pakistani human rights activist and YouTuber,former mayor, Jamshed Town, Karachi.His mother is from Bantva.