|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bantva Memons are known to be mercantile people and include in their ranks tycoons such as Dawood Industries and noble peace prize nominee Abdul Sattar Edhi. The Bantva Memons, who were a majority in the Bantva region, left India after Partition and settled in Pakistan.
The majority of them migrated to Pakistan after independence in 1947 and settled in Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur, Sindh, Pakistan. The Bantva Memons are very successful businessmen who, for example, are founders of corporations such as Dawood Industries
Notable Bantwa Memons
- Abdul Sattar Edhi was born in Bantva.
- Ahmad Adaya was born in Bantva.
- Abdur Razzaq Thaplawala was born in Bantva.
- Mustafa Hanif Balagamwala a dynamic and leading youth leader of Bantva Memons. He was a Joint Secretary of Memon Professional Forum for the term 2013-2015. Now he is Honorary Secretary General of Memon Professional Forum for the Term 2015-2016. He is one of the youngest Secretary General of the Memon Community. He is of just 29 years old. Memon Professional Forum (MPF), which came into existence in January 1985, is a prestigious body of professionals belonging to the Memon Community. Today the Forum Membership comprises over Nine Hundred and Sixty Four professionals from various disciplines. The membership cover the entire spectrum, from senior professional occupying eminent position in their respective fields in Pakistan and abroad to young professionals who are in the early stages of their carrier. This gives MPF the Potential for becoming a very strong and representative institution for the Memon Community. He also a chairman of MPF Youth Wing.
- Hussein Kassem Dada, founded the largest business group from Bantva.
- Haji Haroon Bilwani, founded the business group BONANZA from Bantva.
- Abdul Rahman Cochinwala, founder of India's largest technology company, Wipro.