|Headquarters||Liuzhou, Guangxi Zhuang, China|
|Parent||SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile, joint venture between General Motors, SAIC Motor and Wuling Automobile Company Limited.|
Baojun (simplified Chinese: 宝骏汽车; traditional Chinese: 寳駿汽車; pinyin: bǎo jùn qìchē, meaning "treasured horse") is a brand of low-cost automobile sold only in China by SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile, a partnership between General Motors and SAIC Motor.
The Baojun marque was established in 2010 as an alternative to existing GM brands Chevrolet and Buick, which are also on sale in China. The company's products compete with domestic Chinese manufacturers such as Chery Automobile and Geely Automobile.
The joint venture's commercial vehicles remain under the Wuling Automobile marque.
Their logo resembles that of Iran Khodro (IKCO).
The joint-venture also offers a localized version of the Daewoo Matiz known as the Baojun Lechi. A third model, the 610, was announced at Auto China 2014. At the Auto Shanghai 2015, the company introduced the 560 SUV. And in July, 2014, SAIC-GM-Wuling launched the 730, a seven-seater MPV.
- Fox News 9 August 2011
- Ramsey, Jonathon (July 19, 2010). "GM launches new low-cost brand in China and it's a 'treasured horse'". Autoblog. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- Shirouzu, Norihiko (Nov 18, 2012). "GM ups capacity in no-frills China car market". reuters.com. Thompson Reuters. Retrieved November 23, 2012.
- "First Baojun 630 Passenger Car Rolls Off Line at SAIC-GM-Wuling". GM Media. November 22, 2010. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- Motor Trend 9 August 2011
- "General Motors Announces Investment Plans and Vision for China Operations". media.gm.com. General Motors. 20 April 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Baojun 560 SUV Debuts at Auto Shanghai 2015". media.gm.com (News release). 2015-04-20. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "SAIC-GM-Wuling Launches Baojun 730 Family Vehicle". Media GM. 30 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|