Baptistown, New Jersey
|Baptistown, New Jersey|
Center of Baptistown along Route 12
|Elevation||157 m (515 ft)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||874483|
Baptistown is an unincorporated community located within Kingwood Township, in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. Baptistown is located on New Jersey Route 12, approximately three miles (4.8 km) east of Frenchtown. The township's municipal offices are located in Baptistown just north of the center of the community.
In 1882, Baptistown had a population of 250, and was described as "the centre of a rich farming district, with a good local business".
Frenchtown Solar is a group of three photvoltaic arrays, or solar farms, in the state covering 110 acres (44.5 ha) with 68,500 solar panels and 20.1 megawatt capacity. Two arrays are located just outside the village Baptistown on Route 12. The third and largest is to the south off County Route 519.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Baptistown, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed August 27, 2013.
- Zip Codes, State of New Jersey. Accessed August 27, 2013.
- "Baptistown". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed June 9, 2016.
- New Jersey, a Guide to Its Present and Past. Viking. 1939. p. 525.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- Industries of New Jersey. Historical Publishing Company. 1882. p. 66.
- Fasanello, Teresa (August 2, 2011). "2 solar arrays rising in Kingwood along Route 12". Hunterdon County Democrat. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- Rojas, Crisitna (October 19, 2011). "Kingwood gives preliminary OK to solar field on Route 519". Hunterdon County Democrat. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
|This Hunterdon County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|