|Born||Syed Mohammad Baqar Naqvi (Late)|
February 4, 1936
|Died||February 13, 2019(aged 83)|
|Occupation||Urdu poet |
prose writer and translator
|Education||CII London, Chartered Insurer|
|Notable works||Nobel Adabiyaat|
Ganga, Jamna, Saaraswati
Khulyay ki Dunya
Moti Moti Rang
Mutthi Bhar Taaray
Baqar Naqvi (February 4, 1936 – February 13, 2019) was a Pakistani poet, prose writer and translator in Urdu.and translator of international repute. His work includes Urdu Poetry (genres - Ghazal and Nazm) Urdu Prose – Short stories, scientific publications, and translations in Urdu language.
His monumental and comprehensive work on Alfred Nobel related matters is first ever in Urdu language.
A Chartered Insurer by profession, qualified ISO 9000 Lead Auditor, Baqar served as Assistant Director – Operations in CCL Assurance Ltd, London; Executive Director of EFU Life Assurance, and, twice as Chief Executive of ALLIANZ-EFU Health Insurance.
He died on February 13, 2019, aged 83.
- Hundred Years of Nobel Peace—Prose - (2012)
- Nobel Adabiyaat (Nobel Literature of 20th Century) Prose
- EFU Saga – (History) Urdu Translation - (2007)
- Msnooei Zehaanat (Artificial Intelligence) a brief review
- Barqiyaat - (Electronics) with Brief History of Inventions
- Daaman - Complete Poetic work (2005)
- Ganga, Jamna, Saaraswati - Selected Poems in Hindi
- Khaliyay ki Duniya (Genetics) - Prose (2001)
- Alfred Nobel - Life and Work - Prose (1999)
- Moti Moti Rang (Colored Pearls) - Poetry (1994)
- Mutthi Bhar Taaray (A Handful of Stars) - Poetry (1989)
- Taaza Hava (Fresh Air) - (1986)
- UBL-JANG LITERARY EXECELLENCE AWARD 2010 for the category Best Urdu Prose for the book Nobel Adbiyaat
- Taaza Hava - 'Best Book in the West' Award by Urdu Markaz International, Los Angeles
- Several Urdu Magazines have published Special Articles and insertions on Baqar Naqvi's work and contribution to Urdu Language.
- Parekh, Rauf (April 1, 2013). "Gunter Gross's Urdu translation and Baqar Naqvi's hat-trick". DAWN.COM.
- "baqarnaqvi". baqarnaqvi.yolasite.com. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "اردو کے ممتاز مترجم اور سینئر شاعر باقر نقوی انتقال کر گئے". ARYNews.tv (in Urdu). 2019-02-15. Retrieved 2019-02-18.