This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
July 6, 1955|
Flushing, Queens, United States
|Genre||Fantasy, Science fiction, Romantic comedy, Children's literature, Young adult fiction|
|Notable works||The Bar Code Tattoo, The Bar Code Rebellion, The Bar Code Prophecy, Reincarnation|
Suzanne Weyn (born July 7, 1955, Long Island, New York) is an American author. She primarily writes children's and young adult science fiction and fantasy novels. and has written over fifty novels and short stories. She is best known for The Bar Code Tattoo, The Bar Code Rebellion and The Bar Code Prophecy. The Bar Code Tattoo has been translated into German, and in 2007 was nominated for the Jugendliteraturpreis for youth literature given by the German government. It was a 2007 Nevada Library nominee for Young Adult literature and American Library Association 2005 Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers.
Weyn spent her childhood in New York State and graduated from Nassau Community College and Binghamton University. Following college, Weyn worked as an editor of teen magazines, at Starlog Press, and at Scholastic Inc. before starting her writing career. She has been both an editor, project manager, and an author at Scholastic, Inc. Suzanne Weyn has taught expository, children's, and business writing at New York University. She continues to write and currently also teaches writing at City College of New York and Medgar Evers College. She has a Masters of Science in teaching adolescents from Pace University.
Books and novels
- Return to Cybertron
- The Revenge of the Decepticons
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (based on the 1937 film)
- The Day the Frogs Came to Lunch
- Love Song
- Little Women Diary
- Into the Dream
- All Alone in the Eighth Grade
- Elliot's Ghost
- My Brother, the Ghost
- Jeepers Creepers (House of Horrors 3)
- Catch That Kid (film novelization)
- Mission without Permission
- The Renaissance Kids
- The Museum Chase
- Sleepover (film novelization)
- An Amazing Journey
- The Night Dance: a Retelling of The Twelve Dancing PrincessesSimon Pulse
- South Beach Sizzle, with Diana Gonzalez, Simon Pulse
- Water Song: A Retelling of The Frog Prince Simon Pulse
- Gracie (film novelization)
- Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (film novelization)
- Reincarnation Scholastic Press
- The Crimson Thread: A Retelling of RumpelstiltskinSimon Pulse
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (juvenile film novelization)
- The Diamond Secret: A Retelling of Anastasia, Simon Pulse
- Distant Waves: A Novel of the Titanic, Scholastic Press
- Empty, Scholastic Press
- Invisible World Scholastic Press
- Faces of the Dead Scholastic Press
- Bionic Scholastic Press
- Snapstreak Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
The Bar Code Tattoo Trilogy
- The Bar Code Tattoo, 2004, Scholastic Point Thriller
- The Bar Code Rebellion, 2006, Scholastic Point Thriller
- The Bar Code Prophecy, 2012, Scholastic Press
The Haunted Museum Series
- The Titanic Locket, 2013, Scholastic Inc.
- The Phantom Music Box, 2014, Scholastic Inc.
- The Pearl Earring, 2015, Scholastic Inc.
- The Cursed Scarab, 2015, Scholastic Inc.