|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kanthi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Ramnagar|
|Cities and towns in Contai subdivision of Purba Medinipur district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre, S: port, sea-beach
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Bara Bankuya is located at
CD block HQ
The headquarters of Ramnagar II CD block are located at Bara Bankuya.
93.55% of the population of Contai subdivision live in the rural areas. Only 6.45% of the population live in the urban areas and it is considerably behind Haldia subdivision in urbanization, where 20.81% of the population live in urban areas.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
As per 2011 Census of India Bara Bankuya had a total population of 6,169 of which 3,077 (50%) were males and 3,092 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 676. The total number of literates in Bara Bankuya was 4,919 (89.55% of the population over 6 years).
Bararankura Rural Hospital, at Bararankura, PO Balisai (with 30 beds) is the main medical facility in Ramnagar II CD block. There are primary health centres at Nijmaithula, PO Batatala (with 10 seats) and Hamirpur, PO Depal (with 2 seats).
- "District Census Handbook: Purba Medinipur" (PDF). Map of Purba Medinipur with CD Block HQs and Police Stations. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Table 2.2. Department of Planning and Statistics, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|