Baraboo–Wisconsin Dells Airport
|Baraboo–Wisconsin Dells Airport|
|Owner||City of Baraboo, City of Wisconsin Dells, Town and Village of Lake Delton|
|Operator||City of Baraboo|
|Serves||Baraboo, Wisconsin Dells, Lake Delton|
|Elevation AMSL||979 ft / 298 m|
Baraboo–Wisconsin Dells Airport (ICAO: KDLL, FAA LID: DLL) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) northwest of the central business district of Baraboo, in Sauk County, Wisconsin, United States. The airport is located between Baraboo and Lake Delton, Wisconsin on US 12 and it is adjacent to the Ho-Chunk Casino.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned DLL by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned DLL to Dillon County Airport in Dillon, South Carolina).
Facilities and aircraft
Baraboo–Wisconsin Dells Airport covers an area of 312 acres (126 ha) at an elevation of 979 feet (298 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 1/19 is 5,010 by 75 feet (1,527 by 23 m) with an asphalt surface and is equipped with LOC/DME; 14/32 is 2,746 by 100 feet (837 by 30 m) with a turf surface and is closed from November 15 through April 15.
Baraboo–Dells Flight Center, Inc., is the fixed-base operator.
For the 12-month period ending July 10, 2015, the airport had 30,000 aircraft operations, an average of 82 per day: 89% general aviation, 3% air taxi and 8% military. In August 2017, there were 48 aircraft based at this airport: 36 single-engine, 7 multi-engine, 2 jet, 1 helicopter, 1 glider and 1 ultralight.
|Freight Runners Express||Middleton, Milwaukee, Mineral Point, Rhinelander|
In 2017, aircraft flight tracking showed Freight Runners Express flying their Beechcraft Model 99 aircraft type for Wisconsin Dells cargo operations.
- FAA Airport Master Record for DLL ( PDF), effective August 17, 2017.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Great Circle Mapper: KDLL – Baraboo Wisconsin Dells Airport – Baraboo, Wisconsin
- Great Circle Mapper: DLL / KDLC – Dillon County Airport – Dillon, South Carolina
- Baraboo–Wisconsin Dells Airport at Wisconsin DOT Airport Directory
- Baraboo–Dells Flight Center, Inc., the airport's fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Resources for this airport: