||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2009)|
|Elevation||159 m (522 ft)|
|• Official||Maithili, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Nearest city||Gaya, Kolkatta|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Gaya|
|Avg. summer temperature||30–48 °C (86–118 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20–3 °C (68–37 °F)|
Barachatti is a block (Tehsil) in the Gaya district of Bihar, India.Barachatti contains 141 villages and 13 gram panchayat.Sarwan bazar is biggest and nimi is smallest village of barachatti.The total population in Barachatti sub district is 142,534 as per the survey of census during 2011 by Indian Government.There are 72,455 males (51%); There are 70,079 females (49%).
Barachatti is located at an elevation of 159 m (522 ft) above sea level. It is situated 45 KM towards South from District head quarters Gaya. 150 KM from State capital Patna towards North. It is bounded by Chouparan Block towards East, Itkhori Block towards South, Fatehpur Block towards North, Mohanpur Block towards North. Bodh Gaya City, Gaya City, Sherghati City, Jhumri Tilaiya City are the nearby Cities to Barachatti.
The National Highway 2 Grand Trunk Road from Kolkata to Delhi passes through Barachatti. The nearest railway station is Gaya Junction 47 km from barachatti, which has trains to major destinations in India.The nearest airport is Gaya International Airport 40 km from barachatti.
Sarwan Bazar (Mangal Bazar) is among the largest cattle markets in gaya situated at barachatti.mangal bazar runs every tuesday. There are other markets in barachatti named as sobh bazar, bhadhya bazar and barachatti market.
The literacy rate for the population was 47.52 per cent.Literates are 67,745 of which males are 39,891 and Females are 27,854. There are 74,789 Illiterates in barachatti block. Schools and colleges include:
- B.N.S. Public School , Sobh
- S.S High School Barachatti
- Primary School Imamganj,Bhadeya
- Middle School, Barachatti
- Urdu Middle School, Bajarker.
- Middle School, Lahathua
- Sir Syed Memorial School, Karma, Bhadeya
- Sullebatta High School
- High School, Bumuar
- State Subsidised High School, Barrachatti
- Project Kanya High School, Barachatti
- B.N.S college (Sobh College) , Mayapur
- Urdu Middle School, Bhadeya(Upgraded to 10+2)
- Shri Ghulam Mohammad - First Person Of Barachatti (Gajragarh)Before it was a Panchayat (Kahudag) and The First Mukhiya Of Kahudag Panchayt in Barachatti Assembly.
- Late Shri Girdhari LaL Gope (Freedom Fighter, Member of Azad Dasta created by Loknayak Jai prakash Narayan, Government has created a memorial in Barachatti block office, First Mukhiya of Jaajh Panchayat, Fought first Bihar Vidhan Sabha election under the banner of Socialist Party from Barachatti Constituency. He is also considered political mentor of Late Bhagwati Devi Ex MP and Ex MLA)
- Shri Bishwanath Singh is the only person offering both school and college facility in such remote locations.He is renowned educationist of this area who aims to educate the poor and help them rise up.
* Mr Late. Nadeem Sb. [BAJARKER] he is first MBBS doctor at british duration. Also His Cousin the first Doctor of homeopathy
- Mushtaq Ali Khan - Zamindar of Bhadeya, which covers about 45 villages. Formerly a minister in the Bihar state government.
- Advocate Aziz Khan (LLB 1920) was the first literate person in Barachatti. The village of Azizabad in Bibipesra Panchayt is named after him.
- Subodh Kr Singh, s/o Anil kr singhBihar Police of Lahathua - got silver medal in judo in Madhya Pradesh the State of central India.
- Bhagwati Devi - Elected four times as Member of the Legislative Assembly for Barachatti and Member of Parliament for Gaya.
- Kamaluddin Khan (member of the Zila Parishad in Gaya) is an educationalist and politician. He was involved in the student revolution when studying at Aligarh Muslim University. He has been active in local politics since the mid-1980s. He is also the director of Sir Syed Memorial School, secretary of Sir Syed Inter College and secretary of the Minority Upliftment Society.
- Ozair Ahmed Khan, (formerly in the Zila Parshad at Gurua). A prominent leader and social worker in Bhadeya.
- Ram Ashish Singh (1938–2008) Ranger officer .
- md aftab uddin khan a descendent of mushtaque ali khan strengthened the condition of people and fought for the cause of locals through his unbised and trustworthy legal procedures.
- Mr. Munna Khan S/o Late.Abdul Raziq Khan [BAJARKER] is most riches Man of Barachatti.