Baran bo Odar
Baran bo Odar
Baran bo Odar (born 18 April 1978 in Switzerland) is a German film and television director and screenwriter. His film Who Am I – No System Is Safe reached the top of the German cinema charts and was nominated for German Film Awards for Best Fiction Feature Film and Best Screenplay. Odar directed and co-wrote the film with his partner Jantje Friese. Odar was born in Switzerland and is of Turkish origin from his mother and of Russian origin from his paternal grandfather, a former doctor who had to flee Russia after the October Revolution. Bo is his nickname.
The TV series Dark, which Odar co-created with Friese, gained popularity worldwide and was Netflix's first German-language original series. Every episode is co-written by Friese, and directed by Odar. Odar was honored with a Grimme-Preis, Germany's most prestigious television award, in 2018 for his direction in Dark season 1. In 2019 Dark's second season was released and its third season announced.
|2014||Who Am I – No System Is Safe|
- "Blickpunkt:Film | News | Kinocharts Deutschland: Doppelspitze Sony". www.mediabiz.de (in German). Retrieved 2019-06-25.[permanent dead link]
- https://theeveningclass.blogspot.com/2011/11/german-cinema-das-letzte-schweigen.html?m=1. Missing or empty
- Dark (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb, retrieved 2019-06-25
- "Dark (Netflix)". www.grimme-preis.de (in German). Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- Nguyen, Hanh; Nguyen, Hanh (2019-06-23). "'Dark': Season 2's Insane Ending and All the Burning Questions Season 3 Needs to Answer". IndieWire. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
|This article about a Swiss film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|