Barasat Government College
|Principal||Dr. Subhasis Dutta|
|Location||Barasat, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India|
|Affiliations||West Bengal State University|
Barasat Government College (BGC) is a state Government-owned college in Barasat of West Bengal state of India. The College was established in 1950 and is affiliated with the West Bengal State University  and run by the Government of West Bengal. It was formerly affiliated with the University of Calcutta. It is a NAAC accredited with "A" grade & DST-FST sponsored college.
The college has two "shifts"- Morning and Day. Morning section accommodates the Undergraduate general courses in Arts and Science, and the Day section is for Honours Undergraduates as well as Postgraduates in Botany (which was established in 2003), Zoology, Physics,Chemistry, Bengali.
Currently the College has nearly 3000 students. Every year college enrols high rate of SC& ST (28%), OBC (16%) and Minority students. The girl students occupy more than 50% seats. In terms of performance, here students mostly rank top in the university.
- List of Colleges-> West Bengal Official Website of University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 27 July 2012
- "Affiliated College of West Bengal State University". Archived from the original on October 29, 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2012
- Barasat Govt. College History Retrieved 16 July 2012
-  Retrieved 16 October 2016
- "APC college homepage". apccollege.ac.in. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "NAAC Accreditation Status". naac.gov.in. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
|This article about a university or college in West Bengal, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|