Barauni Junction railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Barauni, Begusarai, Bihar
|Elevation||48 metres (157 ft)|
|Operated by||Indian Railway|
|Line(s)||Mokama-Barauni section, Barauni–Gorakhpur, Raxaul and Jainagar lines, Barauni-Katihar section|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
|Opened||1 May 1883|
|Previous names||East Indian Railway|
Barauni Junction, station code BJU, is a railway station in the Sonpur division of East Central Railway. Barauni Junction is located in Barauni city in Begusarai district in the Indian state of Bihar.
In February 2012, The Indian Railways had planned to set up a Railway Station Development Corporation (RSDC) that will work on improving the major railway stations including Muzaffarpur Junction by building and developing Restaurants, shopping areas and food plaza for commercial business and improving passenger amenities.
The major facilities available are waiting rooms, computerized reservation facility and vehicle parking. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. The station also has STD/ISD/PCO telephone booth, toilets, tea stall, fruit stall,dairy stall, meal stall and book stall.
|This section requires expansion. (April 2012)|
Barauni Junction has total 8 platforms. The platforms are interconnected with foot over bridges (FOB).It has two foot over bridge.
The nearest airports to Barauni Junction are
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 102 kilometres (63 mi)
- Gaya International Airport 147 kilometres (91 mi)
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 277 kilometres (172 mi)
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- Bagdogra Airport, Bagdogra 372 kilometres (231 mi)
- Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar 545 kilometres (339 mi)
- "History of Electrification". information published by CORE (Central Organization for Railway Electrification). CORE (Central Organization for Railway Electrification). Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Official Website of Sonpur Division of East Central Railway". Government of India. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "Railways to set up body to develop stations". The Times of India. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Barauni Junction Details". indiantrains.org. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Trains at Barauni Junction". India Rail Info. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Barauni Junction". onefivenine.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
|This article about a railway station in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|