|Regions with significant populations|
|Barbados 284,589 (2014)|
|United States||65,653 (2013)|
|United Kingdom||18,762 (2011)|
|English (Bajan, British English, American English)|
|Christianity (predominantly Protestantism)|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Caribbean people
Afro-Barbadian, Barbadian British, Barbadian American, Americo-Liberians, Barbadians in Trinidad, Barbadians in Brazil, Barbadian Canadians, African diaspora
Barbadians or Bajans are the people who are identified with the country of Barbados, be it the citizens of the country or their descendants in the Barbadian diaspora. This connection may be residential, legal, historical, or cultural. For most Barbadians, several (or all) of these connections exist and are collectively the source of their identity. Barbadians are a multi-ethnic and multicultural society of various different ethnic, religious and national origins.
Many Barbadians now live overseas and outside of Barbados; the majority have migrated to Anglophone countries, including 34,340 Barbadians in Canada, some 19,000 in the United Kingdom, around 65,000 in the United States and some 500–1,000 Barbadians in Liberia. In addition to Anglophone countries other groups of Barbadians have moved to Latin countries including: Brazil, Cuba and Panama.
- Barbados nationality law
- Demographics of Barbados
- Barbadian American
- Barbadian Brazilian
- Barbadian British
- Barbadian Canadian
- "The World Factbook: Barbados". cia.gov. Central Intelligence Agency. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Results American Fact Finder (US Census Bureau)
- Statistics Canada. "2011 National Household Survey: Data tables". Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Country-of-birth database". Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Archived from the original on 17 June 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- Bajan Descendants Living In Cuba Show Off Their Art
- Chamberlain, M.: Migration and Post-Colonialism: the Commonwealth Caribbean, 2008
- ‘LONG LOST’ BAJANS IN PANAMA – LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN BARBADOS, CAN YOU HELP?
|This Barbados-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|