November 1, 1966
|Spouse(s)||Boris Becker (1993–2001)|
Arne Quinze (2009–2011)
Barbara Becker was born to an African American father, Harlan Feltus, and a German mother, Ursula. Her father originally came to Europe as a lieutenant in the US medical corps, but became a successful photographer. Her mother was a teacher.
Growing up in Germany, Barbara Feltus (later Becker) studied acting and dance. Her early career included both modeling and television roles.
Starting in 2006, Barbara Becker served as the UNICEF ambassador for a program to prevent tetanus in developing countries. Between 2006 and 2009 more than 300 million doses of the vaccine were donated.
Barbara Becker and artist Arne Quinze announced their engagement on 6 January 2009. They married on 9 September 2009 at their home in Miami, Florida, and celebrated the wedding on 13 September 2009 in Berlin, Germany. Both events were photographed by Miami interior designer Sam Robin. Becker and Quinze divorced in 2011.
- "Germany gripped by Becker case". BBC. 9 January 2001.
Not only is Boris Becker one of Germany's brightest stars, but his marriage in 1993 to a black actress and model was seen as a powerful symbol of increasingly liberal attitudes in Germany, where inter-racial marriages are still relatively unusual.
- "Becker's Divorce Battle With American Wife Rivets Germans". Los Angeles Times. 12 January 2001.
- "Beckers settle divorce out of court". CNN. 14 January 2001.
Barbara Becker, a former model and actress, is the daughter of a former U.S. Army medical corps officer.
- "Obituary: Harlan Ross Feltus." Bakersfield Californian, February 1, 2003. www.legacy.com." Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "Harlan Ross Feltus, photographer and father of Barbara Becker, pictured in Munich, Germany, January 13, 1994. www.alamy.com. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "2-Car Crash on US 99 Kills Three." Bakersfield Californian, Nov. 20, 1951. www.cagenweb.com. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "From love all to tie breaker". The Guardian. 31 December 2000.
- "Star Portrait: Barbara Becker". Gala. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
After acting and dance education in Munich , she was soon well in the business of modeling and small television roles. When she married Boris Becker at the age of 27, she was a free spirit for not always exhausting jetset life in hotels and suitcases, after all Bobbele was well and happily on the road between Melbourne and Texas for nine months during his heyday. (English translation of German text)
Price, S.L. (May 28, 2001). "BROKEN PROMISE HE WAS THE PHILOSOPHER KING OF TENNIS, A GUTSY CHAMPION WITH A SOCIAL CONSCIENCE. BUT AFTER A SEX SCANDAL AND A MESSY DIVORCE, CAN BORIS BECKER PUT THE PIECES BACK TOGETHER?". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
In the fall of 1991 Becker met Barbara Feltus, a model and aspiring actress, the daughter of an African-American serviceman and a white German woman... "She was spontaneous, very lively," Boris says of Barbara. "I was moody, didn't know whether I should continue tennis, and she brought sunshine into my life. She was the complete opposite of how I was."
- "Barbara Becker zwischen Unicef und Swarovski". Die Presse. December 1, 2009. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
In Wien besucht Barbara Becker mit ihrem Ehemann die Swarovski-Geschäftseröffnung. Als Unicef-Pampers-Botschafterin will sie das Bewusstsein schärfen, damit Krankheiten wie Tetanus nicht in Vergessenheit geraten.
- Robin, Sam. "Sam Robin Shoots Barbara and Arne." www.socialmiami.com. Retrieved July 28, 2017.
- "ARNE QUINZE AND BARBARA BECKER: New details about the separation." Gala (magazine), July 11, 2011 (translated from German). Retrieved July 28, 2017.
"Eine Woche im Leben der Powerfrau (A week in the life of the superwoman)". Gala.de. June 7, 2018. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
Fitness professional, designer, entrepreneur: Barbara Becker is no longer "just the ex of Boris Becker".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barbara Becker.|