Barbara G. Peters
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Barbara G. Peters|
Barbara Peters at The Poisoned Pen Bookstore, June 2008
|Born||December 22, 1940|
|Occupation||Bookstore owner, publisher|
|Education||Stanford University (B.A.)
Northwestern University (M.A.)
Univ. of Tennessee (M.S.L.S.)
Barbara G. Peters (December 22, 1940) was born in Winnetka, Illinois.
Life and career
She holds a BA from Stanford University, an MA from Northwestern University, an MSLS from the University of Tennessee. She was named a Library of Congress Intern on receipt of her Masters in Library Science, and is a member of the Crime Writers of Canada, The British Crime Writers Association, and Mystery Writers of America. She is a founder of the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association.
In 1989 she founded The Poisoned Pen, one of the world's largest mystery bookstores which has since expanded into many literary areas, doing business nationally and internationally. In 1997 she co-founded Poisoned Pen Press, a separate corporation dedicated to publishing excellence in mystery, making available originals and reprints.
She is the winner of the Raven Award from the Mystery Writers of America for the Poisoned Pen bookstore. She was the 2007 Bouchercon Fan Guest of Honor, and with husband, publisher Robert Rosenwald, the 2008 Bouchercon Lifetime Achievement Award honoree, again for their work with The Poisoned Pen franchise. In 2011 Peters was presented a Lifetime Achievement Award as CEO of a million-dollar company by The Arizona Republic.
- AZ Murder Goes...Classic ed. with Susan Malling, 1996. (1998 rev ed. ISBN 1890208086)
Nominated for 1997 Edgar Award for Best Critical / Biographical
- AZ Murder Goes...Artful ed. with Susan Malling, 2001. ISBN 1890208264
- "Article in Spawn". Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- "Publishers Weekly article: Eleven for the Millennium". Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- "The Raven Award". Mystery Writers of America. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- "Guests of Honor and Anthony Award Winners". Bouchercon World Mystery Convention. Archived from the original on July 13, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Newpoff, Laura (November 27, 2005), "Valley publisher hones in on mystery genre", Phoenix Business Journal, retrieved July 12, 2014
- "Edgar Awards Winners and Nominees". Mystery Writers of America. Retrieved July 12, 2014.