|Member of the European Parliament|
14 July 2009 – 2019
|Born||20 May 1959|
Obergünzburg, Free State of Bavaria, Germany
|Political party|| German:|
Alliance 90/The Greens
The Greens–European Free Alliance
Barbara Lochbihler (born 20 May 1959, Obergünzburg) is a German politician who served as Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from 2009 until 2019. She is a member of the Alliance 90/The Greens, part of the European Green Party.
Between 1992 and 1999 Lochbihler was the Secretary General of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom. For a decade from 1999 she served as Secretary General at Amnesty International Germany.
After becoming a Member of the European Parliament, Lochbihler served on the Subcommittee on Human Rights (DROI), including as chairwoman from 2011 until 2014. She was also a member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs (AFET) and the parliament's delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Already in 2016, Lochbihler announced that she would not stand in the 2019 European elections but instead resign from active politics by the end of the parliamentary term.
- Petra Kelly Foundation, Member of the Board of Trustees
- "Barbara LOCHBIHLER - History of parliamentary service - MEPs - European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- van Haute, Emilie (2016). Green Parties in Europe. Routledge. p. 134. ISBN 9781472434432.
- Sagener, Nicole (12 February 2016). "Barbara Lochbihler: "Sklaverei, Menschenhandel und illegale Fischerei in Thailand gibt es nach wie vor"". Euractiv Germany. Berlin. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Board of Trustees: Barbara Lochbihler Petra Kelly Foundation.