Barbara Marx Hubbard
Barbara Marx Hubbard (born Barbara Marx; December 22, 1929)  is a futurist, author and public speaker. She is credited with the concepts of ‘The Synergy Engine’ and the 'birthing' of humanity.
Early life and education
A Jewish agnostic, her father was toy maker Louis Marx. In her youth she attended the Dalton School in New York City. She studied at L'Ecole des Sciences Politiques at La Sorbonne in Paris during her junior year of college, and received a B.A. cum laude in Political Science from Bryn Mawr College in 1951.
As an author, speaker, and co-founder and president of the Foundation for Conscious Evolution, she posits that humanity now, as never before, is on the threshold of a quantum leap. If we are able to integrate newly emergent scientific, social, and spiritual capacities, we could transform ourselves to move beyond our current global crises to a magnificent future equal to our vast new potential.
She is the subject of a biography by author Neale Donald Walsch, The Mother of Invention: The Legacy of Barbara Marx Hubbard and the Future of "YOU." Her name was placed in nomination for the vice-presidency of the United States on the Democratic ticket in 1984, and at which convention she gave a speech upon being nominated.
- The Hunger of Eve: One Woman's Odyssey Toward the Future. Island Pacific Northwest, 1989. ISBN 0-942133-00-5
- The Evolutionary Journey: A Personal Guide to a Positive Future (with Barry Weins and Wabun Wind.) Evolutionary Press, 1993. ISBN 0-943408-01-6
- The Revelation: Our Crisis is a Birth (The Book of Co-Creation). Foundation for Conscious Evolution, 1993. ISBN 0-9631032-0-2
- The Revelation: A Message of Hope for the New Millennium. Nataraj Publishing, 1995 (2nd ed.) ISBN 1-882591-21-6
- Conscious Evolution: Awakening the Power of Our Social Potential. New World Library, 1998. ISBN 1-57731-016-0
- Emergence: The Shift from Ego to Essence. Hampton Roads Publishing Company, 2001. ISBN 1-57174-204-2
- Birth 2012 & Beyond: Humanity's Great Shift to the Age of Conscious Evolution. Shift Books, 2012. ISBN 978-0984840700
- Conscious Evolution: Awakening the Power of Our Social Potential. Revised Edition. New World Library, 2015. ISBN 978-1-60868-117-4
- Humanity Ascending; OUR STORY DVD (2007)
- Visions of a Universal Humanity DVD (2010)
- Heal Your Life: Most Important Question: What would you ask the President? January 15, 2012.
- Dekel, G. The Synergy Engine.
- Lessons from Neale Donald Walsch ‘The Mother of Invention: The Legacy of Barbara Marx Hubbard and the Future of You’. Part 1, page VII
- Donald Walsch, Neale, "The Mother of Invention: The Legacy of Barbara Marx Hubbard and the Future of You." Hay House, London, 2011 (page 187).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-02. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- The Foundation for Conscious Evolution Website: Mother of Invention
- 1984 Democratic National Convention Speech
- BarbaraMarxHubbard.com (same as Evolve.org), her website.
- Barbara Marx Hubbard on IMDb
- Barbara Marx Hubbard's Vice-Presidential Nomination Speech : 1984 Democratic National Convention Speech
- Articles and interviews
- with Jeffrey Mishlove in Thinking Allowed, Conversations On the Leading Edge of Knowledge and Discovery "The Planetary Birth Part I: What Is the Meaning of Our Power?"
- with Dennis Hughes in "Share Guide: The Holistic Health Magazine and Resource Directory"
- Evolution by choice, not chance
- with Diane M. Cooper in The Spirit of Ma'at, Volume 1 No. 5 "The Futurists Creating Peace"
- with Judy Williams in PlanetLightworker.com Evolutionary Party Line
- with Elizabeth Debold in A Fusion of Genius
- with Duncan Campbell in Living Dialogues - Evolutionary Citizen Solutions in a New Energy World