McLachlan in 2018.
|Member of the Colorado House of Representatives|
from the 59th district
|Assumed office |
January 11, 2017
|Preceded by||J. Paul Brown|
|Alma mater||Colorado State University|
McLachlan was elected to her seat in 2016, when she beat incumbent Republican J. Paul Brown. Her husband Mike McLachlan has also held the seat, taking it from Brown in 2012 and losing it to him in 2014.
McLachlan serves on the House Education Committee and the House Transportation & Energy Committee.
Hall McLachlan was born in Lakewood, Colorado. She received a bachelor's degree in journalism from Colorado State University, a bachelor's degree in English from Fort Lewis College, a master’s degree in learning and teaching from Regis University, and a certificate in college counseling from the University of California, Los Angeles. Her professional experience includes working as a journalist, teaching English and journalism at Durango High School, and working as a college consultant.
McLachlan was elected to the House of Representatives in 2016, winning with 50.73% of the vote over incumbent Republican J. Paul Brown.
- "Colorado House of Representatives District 59". Ballotpedia. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "About Barbara". Colorado State Rep. Barbara McLachlan. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- Marcus, Peter. "Barbara McLachlan to run for statehouse". Durango Herald. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "Representative Barbara McLachlan". Colorado General Assembly. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "Barbara McLachlan". Ballotpedia. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
|This article about a Colorado politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|