|Born||Barbara Nelle Ramusack
November 5, 1937
|Institutions||University of Cincinnati|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Indian and Chinese History|
Barbara Nelle Ramusack (born November 5, 1937) is a historian and Charles Phelps Taft Professor of History Emerita at the University of Cincinnati. Her focus was on Indian and Chinese History. She obtained her Ph.D in 1969 from the University of Michigan.
- Ramusack, Barbara N.; Sievers, Sharon (1999). Women in Asia: restoring women to history. Restoring women to history. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press. ISBN 9780253212672.
- Ramusack, Barbara N. (2004). The Indian princes and their states. Cambridge History of India. Cambridge New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521039895.
- Ramusack, Barbara N. History Of contraception In India. India: Penguin. ISBN 9780670081868.
Chapters in books
- Ramusack, Barbara N. (1981), "Catalysts or helpers? British feminists, Indian women's rights, and Indian independence", in Minault, Gail, The extended family: women and political participation in India and Pakistan, Columbia, Missouri: South Asia Books, pp. 109–150, ISBN 9780836407655.
- Ramusack, Barbara N. (2004), "Cousins, Margaret Elizabeth (1878–1954)", in Cannadine, David, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Ramusack, Barbara N. (2006), "Authority and ambivalence: Medical women and birth control in India", in Hodges, Sarah, Reproductive health in India: History, politics, controversies, New perspectives in South Asian history, New Delhi: Orient Longman, pp. 51–84, ISBN 9788125029397.
- Ramusack, Barbara N. (Fall 1989). "Embattled advocates: The debate over birth control in India, 1920-1940". Journal of Women's History (Johns Hopkins University Press) 1 (2): 34–64. doi:10.1353/jowh.2010.0005.
- Ramusack, Barbara N. (1990). "Cultural missionaries, maternal imperialists, feminist allies: British women activists in India, 1865–1945". Women's Studies International Forum (ScienceDirect) 13 (4): 309–321. doi:10.1016/0277-5395(90)90028-V.
- Marquis Who's Who (1994). Who's Who in the Midwest, 1994-1995. Marquis Who's Who, LLC. ISBN 9780837907246. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Faculty page at University of Cincinnati". University of Cincinnati. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- BHAGAT, ASHRAFI S (21 October 2008). "Portraiture of Indian royal courts". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 6 February 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2010.
- Ahmed, Razi U.; Yaqoob K. Bangash (8 January 2008). "The fog of a legacy". Dawn. Retrieved 28 January 2010.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|