Palvin at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival
|Born||8 October 1993|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
Barbara Palvin (pronounced [ˈbɒrbɒrɒ ˈpɒlvin]; born 8 October 1993) is a Hungarian model. She first appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2016. In 2019, she became a Victoria's Secret Angel.
Palvin was born and raised in Budapest, and often traveled to the countryside to visit her grandmother and great-grandmother. When she was 13, she was discovered on the streets of Budapest while walking with her mom by a modeling scout. She shot her first editorial in 2006 for Spur Magazine, and subsequently moved to Asia where she maintained a steady stream of bookings. Since then, Palvin has been on the cover of L'Officiel (Paris, Russia, Turkey, Thailand, Singapore), Vogue (Portugal), Marie Claire (Italy, Hungary), Glamour Hungary, Elle (Britain, Italy, Korea, Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, Serbia, Hungary), Allure, Harper's Bazaar and Jealouse Magazine. Palvin has appeared in campaigns for Armani Exchange, H&M, Victoria's Secret, and Pull & Bear. In February 2012, she became an ambassador for L'Oréal Paris. In 2016, Palvin was revealed to be a part of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Rookie Class. She also became the new face of Armani's signature scent "Acqua di Gioia." Palvin is the face of Amazon Fashion and appeared on Express and Chaos advertising campaigns.
Her runway debut was for Prada during Milan Fashion Week in February 2010. Palvin has also walked for Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Emanuel Ungaro, Christopher Kane, Julien MacDonald, Jeremy Scott, Giles Deacon, Vivienne Westwood, Etro, and opened the pre-Fall 2011 Chanel show. In 2012, she walked in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and wore Rosa Clara on the Barcelona Bridal Week 2012 runway.
Palvin returned to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2018. The next year, she became the first Hungarian Victoria's Secret Angel. Palvin's curves and non-standard runway measurements have been considered by the media to be the brand's direction toward "body positivity".
Palvin is often compared to Russian model Natalia Vodianova; British Vogue editor Miranda Almond said, "We chose Barbara because she is absolutely exquisite looking, a cross between a young Brooke Shields and Natalia Vodianova". Palvin credits Vodianova and Kate Moss as her favorite models.
- "IMG Models Barbara Palvin". IMG Models. CDS.
- "Barbara Palvin - Model". models.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Palvin Barbara's Hungarian biography (in Hungarian)
- Stein, Danielle (18 May 2010). "This Week's Model: Barbara Palvin". W.
- "Barbara Palvin". New York. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Fashion Model Directory". Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Niven, Lisa. "L'Oreal's New Girl". Vogue. Conde Nast. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Niven, Lisa. "SI Swimsuit 2016 Rookie Reveal: Barbara Palvin". Sports Illustrated. Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Rosa Clara Bridal collection 2014". fabfashionfix.com. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Maxim Hot 100 - 2016 (Visual)". www.listal.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Exclusive: Tumblr's List of 2017's Most Popular Models Includes Bella Hadid, Barbara Palvin, and Some Very Revealing Insights About Fashion's Super Fans". wmagazine.com. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Exclusive: Barbara Palvin's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Photo Diary, Featuring Gigi Hadid, Candice Swanepoel, and Boyfriend Dylan Sprouse". wmagazine.com. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- Frey, Kaitlyn (14 March 2019). "Barbara Palvin Is the Newest Victoria's Secret Angel: 'It's the Ultimate Career High'". People.
- "Instagrammers loved one Victoria's Secret post that broke the mold — and it could reveal a comeback strategy for the struggling brand". Business Insider.
- "Barbara Palvin model to watch". Vogue UK. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "meet Hungarian model Barbara Palvin". Archived from the original on 10 July 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Get to know the women of Hercules". Complex. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Baty, Emma (8 February 2019). "Dylan Sprouse and Barbara Palvin Have Been Dating for Eight Months and She's Never Met His Twin Brother Cole". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 1 August 2019.
- "Barbara Palvin Calls Boyfriend Dylan Sprouse the 'Perfect Guy,' Reveals 'She's Very Much in Love'". People.
- "Digital Cover: Dylan Sprouse & Barbara Palvin, a Modern Love Story". W.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barbara Palvin.|