Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Barbary Treaties refer to several treaties between the United States of America and the semi-autonomous North African city-states of Algiers, Tunis, and Tripoli, under the rule of the Ottoman Empire, known collectively as the Barbary States.
- Treaty with Algiers (1795)
- Treaty with Tripoli (1796)
- Treaty with Tunis (1797)
- Treaty with Tripoli (1805)
- Treaty with Algiers (1815)
- Treaty with Tunis (1824)
- Treaty with Morocco (1836)
- London, Joshua E.Victory in Tripoli: How America's War with the Barbary Pirates Established the U.S. Navy and Shaped a Nation New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.
- Treaties with The Barbary Powers : 1786-1836 from the Avalon Project