The hamatula lesser baatezu appear in second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991) under the "baatezu" heading, and are also detailed under the "baatezu" heading in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
The hamatula appears under the "devil" heading in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and as the barbed devil (hamatula) in the revised 3.5 edition Monster Manual (2003). Savage Species (2003) presented the hamatula as both a race and a playable class.
The hamatula is an elite infernal warrior with impaling spikes.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Eckelberry, David, Rich Redman, and Jennifer Clarke Wilkes. Savage Species (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|