Barbers Hill Independent School District
|Barbers Hill Independent School District|
|Mont Belvieu, Texas
ESC Region 6 
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Greg Poole |
|Schools||9 (2009–10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||4,220 (2010–11) |
|Teachers||282.11 (2009–10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.61 (2009–10) |
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 5A Football & Basketball |
|District mascot||Eagles |
|Colors||Royal Blue, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011||Recognized |
|Website||Barbers Hill ISD|
Barbers Hill Independent School District is a public school district based in Mont Belvieu, Texas (USA) and is an exurban district encompassing 192.3 square miles (498 km2) in western Chambers County, Texas, strategically located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and State Highway 146. Its borders consist of the Trinity River on the east to Harris County line on the west; from Trinity Bay is on the south to Liberty County line on the North. This large area contains four distinct communities: Mont Belvieu, Old River-Winfree, Cove, and Beach City. The district has experienced a fast annual growth rate, recently reaching 9.5% and has approximately 3400 students.
As of 2017, Barbers Hill ISD has a total of 11 schools.
- Barbers Hill High School (9–12)
- Barbers Hill Middle School North (6–8)
- Barbers Hill Middle School South (6-8)
- Barbers Hill Elementary School North (3–5)
- Barbers Hill Elementary School South (3-5)
- Barbers Hill Primary (1–2)
- Barbers Hill Kindergarten Center (K)
- Hardin Chambers Alternative
- Alternative School
- Adaptive Behavioral Unit
- Barbers Hill DAEP/EPIC (Disciplinary Alternative Education Program/Eagle Positive Intervention Center)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Barbers Hill ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Barbers Hill High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|