Barbershop in Germany
Barbershop in Germany (abbreviated BinG or BinG!) is the association for barbershop music in Germany. It was founded in 1991 by the members of a small German barbershop fan group, and the organization is an official affiliate of the US-based Barbershop Harmony Society. Any representative of a German barbershop quartet or chorus can become a member of BinG.
In 2001 BinG celebrated its 10th anniversary with a grand concert in the concert hall of the University of Münster.
Manfred Adams is currently the president of BinG, having held the role in much of the 1990s and resuming leadership in 2004. Adams is also musical director of the Ladies First chorus from Dortmund.
- Official website (English)
- History of BinG
- Ladies First, six-time German Barbershop Music Festival champions
- Harmunichs, German Barbershop Music Festival champions 2006
- Erster Kölner Barbershop Chor – Cologne, 3rd in BinG-Convention 2008 and 2010
- Herrenbesuch – Munich, winner of Crescendo-Price in BinG-Convention 2010