Comune di Barbiano
Parish church of Saint James
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|Frazioni||Kollmann (Colma), St. Gertraud (Santa Gertrude), Saubach|
|• Mayor||Alfons Klammsteiner|
|• Total||24.4 km2 (9.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||836 m (2,743 ft)|
|Population (November 2010)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
As of 30 November 2010, it had a population of 1,601 and an area of 24.4 square kilometres (9.4 sq mi).
The municipality of Barbian contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Kollmann (Colma), St. Gertraud (Santa Gertrude), Saubach.
The shield is tierced per fess in argent, vert and sable. In the second level are represented three churches: St. Nicholas, St. Gertrude and St. Magdalene, which are located in the mountains above the village. The sable bottom is crossed by a thin band of argent and gules, symbolizing the customs bar of the village of Kollmann sited in the municipality. The arms were granted in 1970.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Nomi d'Italia. Novara: Istituto Geografico De Agostini. 2004.
- Heraldry of the World: Barbian
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info (Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol) (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Oscar Benvenuto (ed.): "South Tyrol in Figures 2008", Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol, Bozen/Bolzano 2007, p. 16, table 10
Media related to Barbian at Wikimedia Commons
- (German) (Italian) Homepage of the municipality