|Type||Privately held company|
|Founded||2005Manchester, England, United Kingdomin|
|Products||Burritos, tacos, nachos|
Barburrito is a British chain of Mexican style fast food restaurants, focusing primarily on burritos. As of May 2021, the chain operates twenty one stores across eleven towns and cities in the United Kingdom, growing from 14 stores across eight towns and cities in June 2016.
Barburrito was founded by Morgan Davies and Paul Kilpatrick in 2005, with its first store opening in Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester. In April 2010, the chain was operating stores in Deansgate in Manchester and Liverpool. In 2012, the company had sales of £5 million.
Barburrito received an investment of £3.25 million from the Business Growth Fund to expand to a number of different locations, including locations in London which would become the chain's first stores outside the North West. In June 2013, the chain opened two stores in London at Paddington Station and Cowcross Street.
- "» Restaurants". Barburrito.
- "Barburrito pushes into London". Peach Report. 9 October 2013. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Barburrito has growth on the menu". Manchester Evening News. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Jupp, Adam (22 July 2013). "Barburrito growth can spice up sales to £50m". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Barburrito to create 250 jobs in £3.25m expansion". Manchester Evening News. 3 April 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- McDonough, Tony (3 April 2012). "Mexican chain Barburrito to expand after securing £3.25m". Liverpool Daily Post. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "North West based food entrepreneurs behind Mexican chain Barburrito attract £3.25 million of investment". Business Growth Fund. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Chomka, Stefan (12 June 2013). "Business Profile: Barburrito". Big Hospitality. Retrieved 22 December 2013.