Barcaldine Power Station
|Barcaldine Power Station|
|Owner(s)||Ergon Energy Queensland|
|Thermal power station|
|Type||Steam turbine, gas turbine|
|Nameplate capacity||55 MW|
According to the Geoscience Australia database, it is also known as the Len Wishaw power station and consists of a 38 MW gas turbine and a 15MW steam turbine. The steam turbine at the power station is to be taken offline.
The power station was built by Energy Equity Corporation, with the gas turbine being completed in 1995 and the steam turbine added in 1999. The station had originally been planned for Blackall. Enertrade acquired the station and associated gas pipeline in June 2003. With the dissolution of Enertrade in May 2007, the station and pipeline were acquired by Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd.
- Operating fossil fuel plants Archived August 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- 'Green' power plant changes puzzle Barcaldine Mayor. ABC News. 29 May 2008. Accessed on 10 January 2009.
- A Life Cycle Assessment of the Queensland Electricity Grid Archived September 14, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. CCSD. February 2003. Accessed on 10 January 2009.
- Update on the Gilmore Gasfield Project Archived July 25, 2008, at the Wayback Machine Queensland Petroleum Symposium. 1994. Accessed on 10 January 2009.
- Report on NEM Generator Costs 2007 Archived July 22, 2008, at the Wayback Machine ACIL Tasman. 6 June 2007. Accessed on 10 January 2009.
- Sectoral Changes Archived December 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. OGOC. 1 December 2008. Accessed on 10 January 2009.
|This article about an Australian power station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|