Barcelona Metro line 10
|Barcelona Metro Lines 9 and 10|
Line 10 (Zona Franca ZAL – Gorg) is the name of one of the two branches of the Barcelona metro line 9, currently (2020) under construction and to be operated by TMB. Like Line 9 and Line 11, it will be an automatic train operation (i.e. driverless vehicle) metro line.
The line will link the Zona Franca with Badalona, through Barcelona proper, sharing most of the area covered by L9. L9/10 will be the deepest and longest line in the network. Originally expected to be ready by 2008, ongoing problems with its construction are going to delay its completion until as late as 2025.
The line is currently operated in two sections, North and South, similarly to line 9.
The section from Gorg to Bon Pastor opened on 18 April 2010, and the section from La Sagrera to Bon Pastor (except Estació de la Sagrera station) opened 26 June 2010. This section is operated as L10 Nord.
On 8 September 2018 the section between Foc station and the junction with the main route of line 9 at Can Tries-Gornal opened to the public, with the exception of the stations at Ildefons Cerdà and Provençana. The opening of these two stations was deferred to 2019, with the rest of the line on the viaduct through the Zona Franca proper opening between 2022 and 2025. Trains on this section operate between Foc and Collblanc stations, as the line from Collblanc to Zona Universitària is single track and does not have sufficient capacity for both L9 and L10 to run. This section is operated as L10 Sud. Provençana station opened to the public on 2 March 2019 followed by Ciutat de la Justícia on 24 November 2019.
List of stations
(Stations under construction in italics)
Zona Franca area
Provisional L10 Sud Start
Central branch, shared with L9
Provisional L10 Sud End
- Camp Nou (T1, T2, T3)
- Zona Universitària (L3)
- Campus Nord
- Manuel Girona
- Prat de la Riba
- Sarrià (L6, L12)
- El Putxet (L7)
- Lesseps (L3)
- Guinardó | Hospital de Sant Pau (L4)
- Plaça Maragall
Provisional L10 Nord Start
- La Sagrera (L1, RENFE, future L4)
- Sagrera-TAV (future connections with L4, RENFE-AVE)
- Onze de Setembre
- Bon Pastor
Provisional L10 Nord End
- "TMB estrena el tram Gorg-Bon Pastor de la L9/L10". Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (in Catalan). 16 April 2010. Archived from the original on 7 June 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "El metro de la Zona Franca, en servicio desde el 8 de septiembre". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Europa Press. 8 August 2018. Archived from the original on 10 April 2020. Retrieved 11 September 2018.