This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)
|Location||Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain|
|Land area||13 ha (32 acres)|
Barcelona Zoo (Parc Zoològic de Barcelona in Catalan, Parque Zoológico de Barcelona in Spanish) is a zoo in the Parc de la Ciutadella in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. The zoo used to be internationally known as the home of Snowflake, the only known albino gorilla, who died in 2003.
Animals and exhibits
The zoo's attractions include a primate house, a terrarium, a "Land of Dragons" featuring Komodo dragons and an "Aquarama" for dolphin shows.
The park has 4 dolphins : Anak (F), Blau (M), Tumay (M) and Nuik (M).
On 8 December 2014, a 45-year-old man jumped into the lion enclosure. He was bitten and scratched, but was rescued and eventually recovered from the injuries.
- "EAZA Member Zoos & Aquariums". eaza.net. EAZA. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Zoos and Aquariums of the World". waza.org. WAZA. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Snowflake: The White Gorilla". Nature. PBS. 9 June 2008. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "WATCH: Man rescued after lions maul him at Barcelona Zoo - National". Global News. Associated Press. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Four lions at Spanish zoo test positive for Covid-19".